Early Saver Blues

hannahsmomtoo

Exactly! That's great and counts as a savings also (if you had waited to book you would be paying more, then you would be thrilled IF it ever dropped to what you already paid!!)

Yep rates going up make me just as happy as going down!

all the other rates keep dropping except premium balcony cabins and aft deck cabins. thats what we have. no savings for us. and what stings is

that if we would have booked balconies on the side of the ship, there would be a chance of opening the dividers, but not on the aft. so burned twice. you think I would have learned something by now after the many cruises I have booked. Im no smarter than I was 10 cruises ago.

Exactly! That's great and counts as a savings also (if you had waited to book you would be paying more, then you would be thrilled IF it ever dropped to what you already paid!!)

Very true... Rates have gone up $59 per person.. so I guess I will just tell myself that it is like $118 in OBC !!:D

So my fare has ONLY gone up since I booked !!

( and yes I realize I have a while to wait )

Guess I should just be happy I got a low rate huh?

:rolleyes:

Hi Hannahsmomtoo,

We sail the Splendor on the 19th of August, booked the 9C ES rate. We also originally booked the OV room for our son and his girlfriend, at $759 pp. Well, when Balcony 8A opened up for $699 I switched. I'm so glad, a balcony at a lower cost...how cool! So, I'm happy with the price I got. We received almost $400 in ES price reductions on both rooms. I look daily and there are still plenty of Extended Aft Balcony's and 4 Aft Wraps available...so who knows, maybe another reduction?? Like you I have seen our cabins only go up in price.

Keep looking, I know I will. :)

Hope you all start getting some price drops. I have an 8C balcony on the Empress and got 4 price drops and then an OBC - $550 total. Does anyone know why the 8C balconies were having all these price drops? Are you more likely to get price drops with the 8C Balcony then these AFT balconies or suites? Also, I booked a summer cruise. Could that be another factor? Never booked ES before so it is new to me. :confused:

Hope you all start getting some price drops. I have an 8C balcony on the Empress and got 4 price drops and then an OBC - $550 total. Does anyone know why the 8C balconies were having all these price drops? Are you more likely to get price drops with the 8C Balcony then these AFT balconies or suites? Also, I booked a summer cruise. Could that be another factor? Never booked ES before so it is new to me. :confused:

We've had one drop of $30/pp. We are in an 8B on Empress deck. I look every day but no dice yet. Hopefully more drops come along....if not, I'm definitely pleased with the price we paid :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High OP...(1st timer also on Splendor). Just thinking that you must've gotten a very good rate, because since I booked in late January, the rate has continued to drop & drop. I'm not ES, but got back something like $320 in price drops over the last few months, enough to upgrade to an 8A balcony.

I know we have different sailing dates, but thinking you got a pretty good deal, if your prices are going UP from your ES rate (But I hope you get at least a couple price drops...Sept. is still a good stretch away, so don't give up hope!) :D

Archived