Can my child be moved down in kids club?

2boyzmom

My son will be age 13 two months prior to sailing next year and would prefer to stay with his brother (who will be 11) rather than the teen group. I know moving up is not done, but will they move him down? We will be on a 11 day sailing so there should not be tons of kids on board...

My son will be age 13 two months prior to sailing next year and would prefer to stay with his brother (who will be 11) rather than the teen group. I know moving up is not done, but will they move him down? We will be on a 11 day sailing so there should not be tons of kids on board...

It won't hurt to ask. You will only find the answer once you are on board. I would remain open-minded and go with the flow on this one.

I agree that you can address this once you are on board the ship if its still an issue. Keep in mind that next year, when your older son is a teenager, he may feel differently about this and want to be with the older group. When my kids were teens, I couldn't keep up with their changing wishes on a day-to-day basis!

At any rate, I would not stress about it at this point and just concentrate on planning for and enjoying your wonderful cruise.

Having sailed on NCL twice, and being on CC for a while, NCL is VERY strict - as in, even if your birthday is during the cruise, you can only move up on the day of your birthday. I'm guessing it's an insurance liability issue, with no wiggle room.

That said, ds was 12 on our last cruise, dd was 14, ds thought his club was lame, dd LOVED the teen club and all of her new friends.

Archived