Carnival Fantasy Picture Review * 3/17/12 -3/23/12

wrigley80

Thanks for your fine photo review...and interesting that Carnival decided to blame you for a window which must have been broken from the outside.

Thank you for reading. I'm glad you liked my review.

Yeah the window was a pretty crazy situation. Definitely not a good way to start out our cruise. The people from security were extremely rude. We made the best out of a bad situation and continued on with our vacation

• 3 weeks later...
Did they finally accept the fact and not require you to pay for it? I must have missed it if you already said that.

Yeah they finally accepted it after spending an hour in the naughty room with security interrogating us. I just kept telling them I am not signing anything until you tell us that we are going to be held responsible for this window

We are leaving in 25 days on the Fantasy and cannot wait.

We planned on going for Conch at Goldie's Conch House (at the Fish Fry). But now I must also try the Daiquiri Shack. Can you tell me about where it is located? I am trying to plot out our course so we can hit the Daiquiri Shack after Goldie's, hopefully on the way back to the ship.

Thank you!

We are leaving in 25 days on the Fantasy and cannot wait.

We planned on going for Conch at Goldie's Conch House (at the Fish Fry). But now I must also try the Daiquiri Shack. Can you tell me about where it is located? I am trying to plot out our course so we can hit the Daiquiri Shack after Goldie's, hopefully on the way back to the ship.

Thank you!

My recommendation would be to go to the Daiquiri Shack first and then work your way back to Goldie's. The Daiquiri Shack is in front of the Wyndham Resort at Cable Beach

WOW~~~~~you have an awesome attitude!!! Your review was great LOVED the pics! We sail in 22 days on the Fantasy and now you have me craving a daiquiri ;) We rented the electric car on one of our trips to Key West and had the best time we were able to explore the island.

Thanks again for the review and reminding us that you can make lemonade out of lemons!

yeah I finally figured it out and it is always easier than you thought it would be. I knew that once I figured it out it would be a breeze and a lot of fun. I enjoy picture reviews as well :)

Hello, I think I read one of your other reviews...It started off showing a M&M shop......???Maybe....Anyway, can you explain how you add pictures. I was just saying on my post that I wanted to add pictures to my review I do in September but did not know how...I would appreciate it....Thanks Nita

Hello, I think I read one of your other reviews...It started off showing a M&M shop......???Maybe....Anyway, can you explain how you add pictures. I was just saying on my post that I wanted to add pictures to my review I do in September but did not know how...I would appreciate it....Thanks Nita

Yes you are correct. That review was my back-to-back review on the Ecstasy and Sensation.

You need to go to Photobucket or any photo sharing website. Create a profile and start to upload your pics. Once they are uploaded you just copy and paste the photo onto cruise critic. They take quite a while to upload

• 2 weeks later...
Yes you are correct. That review was my back-to-back review on the Ecstasy and Sensation.

You need to go to Photobucket or any photo sharing website. Create a profile and start to upload your pics. Once they are uploaded you just copy and paste the photo onto cruise critic. They take quite a while to upload

Thank you I am trying a sample as we speak so I know what I am doing before I have to do a review...

Thanks for checking out my review. I'm glad you liked it. I will be on the Ecstasy 5 weeks from today and on the Sensation 6 weeks from today. This will be our first back-to-back. I will definitely be doing a picture review for both of those cruises.

My dad is my best friend. There is no person that I would rather cruise with. We are like 2 peas in a pod.

I, too, was really happy to see a new review from you. I love your pics and descriptions of everything. I wish it had been a longer cruise so I could keep reading (I bet you wish that, too....lol).

Sherry

I, too, was really happy to see a new review from you. I love your pics and descriptions of everything. I wish it had been a longer cruise so I could keep reading (I bet you wish that, too....lol).

Sherry

Yes I would love to be working on a review today.....or better yet be on a cruise today....but I'm not....haha.

I will have another review in a few months. We are doing a back-to-back on the Sunshine and Imagination. We can't wait to be onboard a ship again

• 8 months later...

Thank you again for the links to your reviews. I finally had a chance to finish reading your Fantasy review. Charleston would be a close enough drive...well, not really close but it's about 8 hours but worth saving on air fare. We've been on the four Carnival cruises and one with RCI. Our first on Carnival was on the Festival and compared to today's ships, she was very small but it was a great time. I love the look of the Fantasy and other ships that size. We've been on Miracle (Spirit class) and Glory & Valor (Conquest), so we're kind of used to the bigger ships but I'd love to try one of the smaller ones. I love the Lido and Serenity areas that you posted pictures of from Fantasy. Is there a major difference? I think I'd enjoy one of the smaller ships.

I had to laugh at the part where the shuttle driver picked up a hooker, oh my!!! He sounded like a jerk though. And the window, obviously if there is glass on the inside then the window somehow broke from the outside, duh! I just can't believe they blamed you and your dad for breaking it. I'd have been so ticked off.

Again with all your reviews, I love the pictures that you post. You really have an eye for photography. I know I read your Freedom review a while back but am going to go to it again. I'm pretty sure that's the one where you're wearing a t-shirt from "Hog's Breath" that is identical to the one I have. :) Thank you again for the time you take to do these awesome reviews.

Holly

Thank you again for the links to your reviews. I finally had a chance to finish reading your Fantasy review. Charleston would be a close enough drive...well, not really close but it's about 8 hours but worth saving on air fare. We've been on the four Carnival cruises and one with RCI. Our first on Carnival was on the Festival and compared to today's ships, she was very small but it was a great time. I love the look of the Fantasy and other ships that size. We've been on Miracle (Spirit class) and Glory & Valor (Conquest), so we're kind of used to the bigger ships but I'd love to try one of the smaller ones. I love the Lido and Serenity areas that you posted pictures of from Fantasy. Is there a major difference? I think I'd enjoy one of the smaller ships.

I had to laugh at the part where the shuttle driver picked up a hooker, oh my!!! He sounded like a jerk though. And the window, obviously if there is glass on the inside then the window somehow broke from the outside, duh! I just can't believe they blamed you and your dad for breaking it. I'd have been so ticked off.

Again with all your reviews, I love the pictures that you post. You really have an eye for photography. I know I read your Freedom review a while back but am going to go to it again. I'm pretty sure that's the one where you're wearing a t-shirt from "Hog's Breath" that is identical to the one I have. :) Thank you again for the time you take to do these awesome reviews.

Holly

Thank you....we love the smaller ships. We have been on 5 Fantasy Class ships

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Day 2

We were in a porthole cabin (R31) on the Riviera Deck. This was our first time in a porthole cabin. We woke up to an unpleasant surprise. One of our porthole windows was broken........ok change that it was shattered. There was glass on the window sill and in my bed. We called guest services and they sent two guys to check it out. They losed the porthole cover. They said to just go on with our day.......that didn't last too long. My dad and I were called to the guest services desk. We got pulled into the security office where we interogated by the Head Security officer and his assistant for well over an hour. We were forced to explain our story 3 times and then write a written account of what happened.

P1010829.jpg

this is the "before" photo of our porthole windows

P1010848.jpg

And this is the unfortunate "after" photo of our porthole window.

The security officers for Carnival accused us of breaking this window. Plus they lied to us and told us that it was "double-paned" window. IT WAS NOT because during our port stop in Key West they replaced the window and re-caulked it. This wasn't a good way to start out our cruise but we weren't going to pay for a window that we didn't break.

Wrigley,

Based on the photographic evidence it appears the hatch dog was positioned towards the inside of the porthole when the hatch was released from it's stowed position the full weight of the hatch came down striking the hatch dog wing nut which impacted the porthole glass. The cover then rebounded allowing the glass fragments to spread outward. Person or persons unknown then reattached the porthole cover to it's stowed position. That is my conclusion based on numerous accident investigations.

Wrigley,

Based on the photographic evidence it appears the hatch dog was positioned towards the inside of the porthole when the hatch was released from it's stowed position the full weight of the hatch came down striking the hatch dog wing nut which impacted the porthole glass. The cover then rebounded allowing the glass fragments to spread outward. Person or persons unknown then reattached the porthole cover to it's stowed position. That is my conclusion based on numerous accident investigations.

Ummm Ok....