Decorating your door!

CruzerDeb

For those of you who have cruised a lot (and that's most people here, right?), do you decorate your door and/or see a lot of doors that have been decorated?

I've only been on one cruise so far (another booked in 400+ days!) and don't recall seeing any doors that were decorated.

This is our first cruise - we sail on my birthday and the door will be decorate by dd :-)

I put the gel clings. They usually disappear little by little during the week.

It use to bug my DH and DS, not they just go along with it :D It also helps them find the cabin.

DSCN0781.jpg

love these gels. Were they stolen or did they fall off Try to figure out if I want to do this. We were on disney last year not only decorated our door but did fish extender also--LOL

love these gels. Were they stolen or did they fall off Try to figure out if I want to do this. We were on disney last year not only decorated our door but did fish extender also--LOL

We just got off Disney's Fantasy two weeks ago and we had our doors fabulously decorated with great magnets! I am hoping that the doors on the Glory are magnetic! I thought about bringing our FE too! The whole family isn't going on the Glory (just my daughter, 18, and me) so I feel guilty taking the FE. We will definitely be decorating our door this time though!! It's a graduation cruise for nine senior girls and three moms!!!

We always do some kind of door decoration whenever we go on vacation - yes, even land ones. I always hit up the clearance section at Party City to find things like tablecloths that I can use to cover the door, and then I use that sticky poster tac to adhere everything to the door.

799R2061.jpg

That small hand drawn card is one of the "introduction cards" our son made. He would sometimes carry them around in a metal binder with a world atlas, and if someone struck up a conversation with us, he would ask them to show them where they were from on his maps. He was 6 at the time.

3947882200_6eab2df913.jpg

Cabin door decorations by Martinsville, on Flickr

Here's our last door from '09. I printed up a ton of travel-related quotes and put them on card stock with photo corners, and then changed them every day. By the end of the cruise our neighbors were looking forward to the new ones. I just came across them the other day, so I can't wait to re-use them this time.

Yes, I'm a dork. I'm ok with that. :)

This is our door last week on the Elation!!

DSCF0283.jpg

Here is our door for our Halloween Cruise on the Ecstasy last year, some of the stuff fallen off or something:

DSCF0549.jpg

This is from our first cruise, Yes we went right after the superbowl!!!!

100_2958.jpg

Edited by nolababe504

I don't think they feel off because it was more then one item missing each time. Once a two piece palm tree and each time I would look on the floor and would not find them. I also brought a extra package and replace some as they went missing. They would stick pretty good as long as you did not peel them off to try and move them around. I have used them my last couple of cruises and some dissapeared back them also. My sons female friends liked them :D

We use "Sticky Tack" reusable adhesive or Scotch removable mounting putty. You tear off a piece and soften it between your fingers and adhere the product to the door. It peels off easily and cleanly and leaves no residue and does not harm your product.

I have a great online resource that carries a lot of great stuff for decorating your door. If you would like the information, let me know and I'll send you their email address.

Rose

My very first attempt at door decorating...Steelers won superbowl and Gators won BCS the same year!

SplendorCruisePics260.jpg

A little bit more details in this one!!

DestinyCruiseJune2009080.jpg

This is my best one.....Tebow was playing in playoff game that weekend.

door2.jpg

Edited by sunshineonmymind
adding

alwaysvacation....include your email address and I'll send you the web site that sells great decorations and are very inexpensive...they are located in Chicago, products are exactly as described and they ship promptly. I have used them for years with no problems or complaints.

I don't know if I can mention their name on the Boards or not.

Mine is a bit over the top - full door sized banner a friend and I made together. Attached easily to the door with stick tack that you can buy at Wally World. Take down was a breeze and just threw the small bit of adhesive away when done. We were on a great cruise that had an incredible roll call for the Pride repositioning through the Panama Canal. Door decorating contest was just one of the many great things we did.

2456217710103584906S600x600Q85.jpg

Have a great cruise!

Edited by sparkscruiser

I think it's fun to see the door decorations, but until we cruised with son & d-i-l on Ecstasy never considered decorating our own door. We decided to decorate their door as a surprise, and they loved it.

Upcoming Fascination cruise - probably will decorate door to celebrate our niece's birthday and high school graduation.

I plan on going to Dollar Tree and Party City for supplies.

Edited by GloriaF

This our first cruise and we will me married while on it! We are decorating our door because it seems fun and we are just fun people! Both his and my parents are cruising with us so we made a sign for both of their doors as well. :D We used www.makesigns.com it was fast and affordable.

2012-04-13_20-33-38_489.jpg.388c51916c80404349d860ef45e88536.jpg

ds.jpg.35f239468d3cf1c7d5b78edb4dc33748.jpg

image_aspx.jpg.1bae0c536d00a1cbcd2bcdf3b2bb38b4.jpg

Edited by pinkpumpkin

I'd like to know the name of the store in Chicago where Rose gets her door decorations. Since people have mentioned Party City would it be ok for her to give the name of the place? Also one of the last posts gave the email address of a place to have signs made so I would think it would be ok.

I was so upset last year when I realized that I forgot my decorations & then didn't feel so bad when I noticed I didn't see any decorated doors. This year my decorations are already packed:D

My question to those who decorate is was there a door decoration contest on your cruise?

mine is a bit over the top - full door sized banner a friend and i made together. Attached easily to the door with stick tack that you can buy at wally world. Take down was a breeze and just threw the small bit of adhesive away when done. We were on a great cruise that had an incredible roll call for the pride repositioning through the panama canal. Door decorating contest was just one of the many great things we did.

2456217710103584906s600x600q85.jpg

have a great cruise!

love it!!

Silly question, are the cabin doors metal? I never thought to notice on my previous cruises. We will be on the Fantasy in 5 weeks. My soon to be 8 year old daughter loves arts & crafts and we have sheets of magnet with drawing paper on one side. I was thinking about doing the gummy window clings, but if the doors are metal then the magnet sheets would work. Decorating the door will be fun for her, and help her find our cabin easier because she has their odd thing about wanting to be the official door opener with the room keys (does this at hotels too). Obviously she can read the cabin number but she would be able to spot the door with the fancy drawings/magnets.

I believe some ships' doors are metal. I have used the mag sheets before, but maybe not on Carnival. Check with your cabin steward before using anything sticky.

Edited by carolmacey