My Wonderful trip report on EXPLORER 4-12-12 to 4-21-12 - WITH PICS!

Very nice review with pictures. We will be on her again in July, and even though this upcoming cruise makes four times on EOS, it never gets old reading reviews! Thank you for taking the time to post yours! :D

[quote name='Poorplaya']Keep it coming, great review[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will post more later today. :)

[quote name='mchin']Very nice review with pictures. We will be on her again in July, and even though this upcoming cruise makes four times on EOS, it never gets old reading reviews! Thank you for taking the time to post yours! :D[/QUOTE]

Wow, 4 times on the EOS. I need to win lotto!!! Lol.

Thanks for reading along,

Loralie

Looking forward to seeing more photos. We had friends on this cruise and he is just the type of guy to end up in other peoples pics.
If I described him and some of the activities he and his wife participated in you would likely say "Oh yes, I remember him".

[quote name='Loralie']Today is day 2 and it is a sea day. We had to turn the clocks back 1 hour DH and I ordered room service for breakfast but we ordered it to come at 6:30 am because the plan was to eat a little then go for a walk then get ready to meet the rest of our group for breakfast in the dining room. Well, with turning the clocks back it was really 5:30 am for us! LOL. I really wanted to eat out on the balcony but it was still dark out!!!

Back in 2007 we went on a Carnival cruise and they do not have hot food for room service and I remember that my big complaint was that they always forgot to bring something. Almost every time! I have to say, RC room service was great. They always came at the time we requested and they never forgot anything. The food was good and hot and we really enjoyed it.

DH did not sleep well last night so I did not make him walk the track. His back was hurting him so after room service breakfast we just relaxed until it was time to meet the gang in the dining room for the real breakfast. I wanted to try to take advantage of eating in the dining room on sea days as much as possible. You have not seen pics of my BIL and DH's Aunt yet so here they are at the dining room breakfast

my BIL
[IMG]http://www.jmadigan.com/jmadigan/Photos/Pages/Cruise_2012_Part_1_2_files/Media/IMG_2394/IMG_2394.jpg?disposition=download[/IMG]

DH's Aunt

Here are some pics we took on our balcony

[IMG]http://www.jmadigan.com/jmadigan/Photos/Pages/Cruise_2012_Part_1_2_files/Media/IMG_2412/IMG_2412.jpg?disposition=download[/IMG]

After breakfast we went to get tickets for the ice show. The line was long but it moved quickly. Then I went to the gym. I have lost 40 pounds on weight watchers and I still have 10 more pounds to lose before I make it to my weight watcher goal weight. I am so afraid I am going to gain a lot of weight on the cruise so I have been taking the stairs as much as possible and I plan to go to the gym at least every other day. I am on vacation after all and I will eat what I want but if it is not something I really like I will not finish it. Before the cruise I did P90X. I am proud of myself for finishing all 90 days but during the last few workouts I hurt my knee. Now I can't workout like I used to. It is very frustrating but I made my way to the gym and went on the treadmill. Better than nothing.

I will post more about day 2 in the next post.

Thanks for reading along,

Loralie[/quote]

Love the RAMONES TEE SHIRT !!!!!!!!!!!! Love em...saw em 23 times...!!! Wish they were still alive !!

[quote name='Loralie']

I loved seeing the other ships in port with us. One day while we were in port, We saw some police men come to the balcony on the Silhouette and put the yellow tape outside the balcony. I wish I took a picture of it. I hope everyone was OK. Do you know anything about that? DH and I were curious. The Silhouette looked like a nice ship, how did you like it? It was fun waving to the people on your ship as we were leaving. :)

Loralie[/QUOTE]

What you may have seen was the maintenance people putting up yellow tape. We had our railing touched up with shellac and they put up the yellow caution tape. Lots of people took theirs down right away, we left ours up for a day before we figured that it was okay to tear it off. It did make the ship look like it had police tape on her though.

We actually had a medical emergency within an hour and a half of first leaving Bayonne. An elderly lady fell and was hurt, we turned around and the coast gaurd come and picked her up just past the Verrazano bridge.

The Silhouette was incredible. We have also sailed on her sister the Eclipse. Have to say since we have cruise Celebrity we are spoiled. The ships are beautiful and a very relaxed feel. We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas in November and it just didn't compare to the Eclipse. I guess because our children are older and we cruise without them Celebrity fits our cruising style more.

Archived