Pictures from Memphis

Is the landing handicap-accessable? Looks like a lot of stairs or ramps to traverse from the top to the landing below. Hope there is an elevator!

Yes, I think it will be handicap-accessable. If you look close at one of the pictures, there are golf type carts near the ship. They drive up the round swirly thing (lol, sorry... not sure what else to call it).

I realized, after reading about the christening yesterday by Priscilla Presley, that the Beale Street Landing will be capable of loading passengers with changes in the river level of +/- 50 feet, which explains the multi-level structure. So in flood stages, passengers likely use the upper decks (I guess that's a big duh!). Very nice!

I realized, after reading about the christening yesterday by Priscilla Presley, that the Beale Street Landing will be capable of loading passengers with changes in the river level of +/- 50 feet, which explains the multi-level structure. So in flood stages, passengers likely use the upper decks (I guess that's a big duh!). Very nice!

Interesting. I will have to go read it. We were down there last year during the horrible floods and got some great pictures. Riverside Drive at Beale Street was under water. Mud Island was also under water. It was really incredible to see, yet very sad because of all the devistation. I am glad they thought about the flooding. I wonder if the ship will be able to get under the bridges during bad flooding??

Archived