Internet Cafe on the Dream?

travelgirl64

Unfortunately I am going to have to do a small amount of work one day on my upcoming cruise on the Dream. I was wondering is there an internet cafe with computers, or am I going to need to bring my laptop? Also, does anybody have the current rate DCL is charging for internet usage? Any information will be appreciated.

Unfortunately I am going to have to do a small amount of work one day on my upcoming cruise on the Dream. I was wondering is there an internet cafe with computers, or am I going to need to bring my laptop? Also, does anybody have the current rate DCL is charging for internet usage? Any information will be appreciated.

No internet cafe on the Dream. There are a limited number of laptops available to check out at Guest Services.

Internet packages on our recent Wonder cruises were:

Plan 1 - $.075 per minute

Plan 2 - 100 minutes for $55

Plan 3 - 250 minutes for $100

Plan 4 - 500 minutes for $150.

I think the charges are the same, fleet-wide.

I don't know if you've done the internet at sea, but it's really s-l-o-o-o-o-w. Think worse than dial-up, especially if you're trying to access during "normal" hours.

We found going online really late (like after the late shows in the adult areas) or really early (like 5 am) it went a little (very little) bit faster.

You might think about using your laptop to compose whatever you need to send by internet and then find a free (or cheap) wifi spot once in port. Just ask the CMs onboard where they are.

:)

What he means is in 100 minutes you likely get the data of 10min or less of fiber/cable data. Regardless of your own laptop, their laptop/desktop internet at sea is very very slow for both data rate and latency.

True. your 100 mins package will let you worth 10 mins of land based broadband time :p

Archived