Stupid question: Who is John Harald

NKsDogWalker

I recently just found out that he will be on our Breeze cruise in January. I'm thinking it will be interesting, entertaining & possibly maddening to see some of the groupie interactions with him.

They are actually fewer than you might expect.....he stays pretty busy overseeing or hosting Blogger activities, and in those situations he's acting like any other CD.

But the rest of the time he's usually surrounded by the "beards" and his own staff and doesn't have that much individual interaction with any of the guests, Blogger or not.

There are daily Q&A sessions and picture taking sessions, but he's mostly just an onstage presence.

He is a CCL mouthpiece whose job is to spin CCL cutbacks into pluses and keep you from looking at other cruise lines.

His longest running joke is "the loyalty program will be revamped", believe it or not, people believe this despite it being first said over three years ago, some probably have booked more CCL cruises than intended to be "grandfathered in".

When they cram more people on existing ships, take away space, he'll say that they are the "funships" hoping his syncophants don't look around and noticed other lies like NCL that have ships with five water slides and other stuff. Maybe he'll spin the chog situation on CCL as a game to see who can fight best over a chair!

Cutbacks? Carnival has put out a new ship every year for about the past four and is spending millions on updating the entire fleet. Adding more free dining venues, upgrading the sports bars, the dance clubs and so on. Not really a cutback. What have we lost? Past guest pins? The calypso band? Not quite sure I follow.

It has been well documented that with the new past guest program has been delayed because they are in the process of creating the computer program that will monitor this. I would beleive that. I am not a computer programmer, but I can't immagine writing a program that tracks every cruise for each an every passenger ever to step foot on a Carnival ship would be an easy task. John has mentioned time and time again that if you are even close to being platinum you are grandfatherd in to the old program. Plus I doubt that anyone is booking more cruises than intended so they can get a pen and pencil set and priority embarkation under the current past guest program. Nor do I beleive that Carnival or John Heald has ever considered that to be happening.

As far as Carnival not wanting their customers to notice that NCL has five water slides. Immagine that.... A company not wanting you to look and see what the compitition is doing. That is such shady business practices isn't it? It is not my intention to sound like a cheerleader, and I am sure that it is how I am coming off, but posts like this just irk me to death. People that only want to see the negative in everything just bother me. I am a travel agent and no, Carnival is not the greatest cruise line out there but it does give you a great value. I also like that they are always trying to improve their product. I think its great that they have a "mouthpeice" for the company that is fun to read and easily accessable.

Cutbacks? Carnival has put out a new ship every year for about the past four and is spending millions on updating the entire fleet. Adding more free dining venues, upgrading the sports bars, the dance clubs and so on. Not really a cutback. What have we lost? Past guest pins? The calypso band? Not quite sure I follow.

It has been well documented that with the new past guest program has been delayed because they are in the process of creating the computer program that will monitor this. I would beleive that. I am not a computer programmer, but I can't immagine writing a program that tracks every cruise for each an every passenger ever to step foot on a Carnival ship would be an easy task. John has mentioned time and time again that if you are even close to being platinum you are grandfatherd in to the old program. Plus I doubt that anyone is booking more cruises than intended so they can get a pen and pencil set and priority embarkation under the current past guest program. Nor do I beleive that Carnival or John Heald has ever considered that to be happening.

As far as Carnival not wanting their customers to notice that NCL has five water slides. Immagine that.... A company not wanting you to look and see what the compitition is doing. That is such shady business practices isn't it? It is not my intention to sound like a cheerleader, and I am sure that it is how I am coming off, but posts like this just irk me to death. People that only want to see the negative in everything just bother me. I am a travel agent and no, Carnival is not the greatest cruise line out there but it does give you a great value. I also like that they are always trying to improve their product. I think its great that they have a "mouthpeice" for the company that is fun to read and easily accessable.

wen did ewe last sale ccl?

John Heald is a senior cruise director for Carnival and is a favorite target of Carnival haters, trolls, and sock puppets. He has earned and deserves better.

he should produce better, especially when it comes to announcements and street dancing.

Wow, it only took 17 posts on this thread before someone had to be a jerk and smart aleck. To the original poster, you hopefully have gotten the information you asked for even though others felt the need to pipe in with their negative comments.

John Heald is a senior cruise director for Carnival and is a favorite target of Carnival haters, trolls, and sock puppets. He has earned and deserves better.

He is also a target of folks who think they are entitled to special treatment. they use the hell out of him and perhaps he is too nice to say no?

Wow, it only took 17 posts on this thread before someone had to be a jerk and smart aleck. To the original poster, you hopefully have gotten the information you asked for even though others felt the need to pipe in with their negative comments.

Well technically I started it on post 4. Was mostly joking though but perhaps I set the tone?

Well technically I started it on post 4. Was mostly joking though but perhaps I set the tone?

Nope I thought it was a joke...sounded like a joke...I took it as a joke...

However I am sure it is a conspiracy

Oh, boy am I not going to touch that one....

Go ahead. What the worse that can happen? Most folks found the humor in my original post. Its all in fun. Hell I wouldn't mind having a beer with JH and I wouldn't act or say anything different. He seems to have a sense of humor, something a few of his fans lack.

He is the Brit, that a lot of folks think is the Carnival god. In reality he is just a carnival propaganda mouthpiece.

By that you mean an employee paid to promote the product they are selling? The nerve of that guy.

By that you mean an employee paid to promote the product they are selling? The nerve of that guy.

I know! How dare he deceive his "loyal followers" by not pointing out every flaw the company has..:eek: Sorta seems like the guy is just doing his job!

I totally agree with you. What has he done to deserve the treatment/comments from people who are really clueless at who this man is. He has done nothing but try to help carnival cruisers with their questions and helps them resolve their problems/issues. He responds personally to every one of those who ask. What other cruise line has someone to give them this personal attention? Those who put them down, in my opinion, is really clueless. Get a life.

He is doing his job - that's what he gets paid to do. He's quite an impressive guy in that he will personally help resolve issues and answer all questions. I wish all companies had someone in "customer service" do their job this well.

Archived