Stupid question: Who is John Harald

NKsDogWalker

Lol. John Harold....now that is funny.

He is the guy who says he will never mention CC on his FB page again and then does so 3 or 4 times a week. I am starting to wonder if he is also the brand ambassador for here as well. Any publicity is good publicity right?

He is also a big fan of H82 and Halo!

He has a cuz who is meaner than anyone should be to people for being an old lady and he is bbf's with hosts from here.

That about covers it I think.

I totally agree with you. What has he done to deserve the treatment/comments from people who are really clueless at who this man is. He has done nothing but try to help carnival cruisers with their questions and helps them resolve their problems/issues. He responds personally to every one of those who ask. What other cruise line has someone to give them this personal attention? Those who put them down, in my opinion, is really clueless. Get a life.

Ever been on the NCL board? The CEO himself will respond to you. How is that for personal attention?

He is doing his job - that's what he gets paid to do. He's quite an impressive guy in that he will personally help resolve issues and answer all questions. I wish all companies had someone in "customer service" do their job this well.

As many have stated, they really do not have much of an issue with the man himself, it is his lackies or sycophants that most have an issue with. Also the many that beg him for stuff that everyone else pays for.

About the only issue anyone that I know has of him is that he issues a lot of either bad or misinformation.

About the only issue anyone that I know has of him is that he issues a lot of either bad or misinformation.

I don't know that I would say a lot and he can only pass on what he is told.

OTOH, I do know that he corrects a lot of bad or misinformation posted on other Internet locations.

If it really is the CEO and not some mouthpiece or troll pretending to be the CEO. ;)

Could be. Though I doubt it. I thought it was amazing to see the attention he gave Tom. Considering the amount Tom cruises I would think all clamoring for his business.

As many have stated, they really do not have much of an issue with the man himself, it is his lackies or sycophants that most have an issue with. Also the many that beg him for stuff that everyone else pays for.

What is the free stuff he gives away that others pay for? Chocolate covered strawberries? That's about the only thing I know of. People ask for other stuff, but he usually politely says no to it.

I have been seeing his name posted for dozens of years since I LOVE LOVE LOVE Carnival but I never had anything to do with him "personally" :eek: i.e. blogs and FB. Can someone clue me in how I can get all his ramblings sent to me? BTW, I am computer dumb! :cool::confused: TIA ;)

Cutbacks? Carnival has put out a new ship every year for about the past four and is spending millions on updating the entire fleet..

I don't see how building new ships has anything to do with cutbacks in food, service and entertainment. Also don't see things like "updating" the Destiny into a ship with 500 more people, less space and a new name is any better- you've lost me there.

John Heald used to be in the CCL returning cruiser video, funny thing- last CCL last summer, he was replaced with two talking towel animals.

The lie about changes to the loyalty program is just that- a lie, a vapor program. The facts speak for themselves.

Lol. John Harold....now that is funny.

He is the guy who says he will never mention CC on his FB page again and then does so 3 or 4 times a week. I am starting to wonder if he is also the brand ambassador for here as well. Any publicity is good publicity right?

He is also a big fan of H82 and Halo!

the

He has a cuz who is meaner than anyone should be to people for being an old lady and he is bbf's with hosts from here.

That about covers it I think.

I think that covers it the best anyone has posted. I do feel sorry for him as he tries to do his job but can't believe the interference he gets. Too bad we are now looking at another line I don't want to cruise with his cuz or riff raff who frequent the line. We did happen to run into one of his persons on a cruise and it was not a good experience and I will leave it at that she was the meanist and nasistist person I have ever been around, So sorry for this but it did happen Hopefully Carnival will prevail and also John as he is really nice. Someone on the top needs to correct this someway and let John be John.

People ask for other stuff, but he usually politely says no to it.

True but its no less pathetic when they whip up a story in hopes to get special treatment and fee stuff. Sure he may say no. Him saying yes or no isn't really the point, its his followers always trying to get free stuff.

Cutbacks? Carnival has put out a new ship every year for about the past four and is spending millions on updating the entire fleet. Adding more free dining venues, upgrading the sports bars, the dance clubs and so on. Not really a cutback. What have we lost? Past guest pins? The calypso band? Not quite sure I follow.

It has been well documented that with the new past guest program has been delayed because they are in the process of creating the computer program that will monitor this. I would beleive that. I am not a computer programmer, but I can't immagine writing a program that tracks every cruise for each an every passenger ever to step foot on a Carnival ship would be an easy task. John has mentioned time and time again that if you are even close to being platinum you are grandfatherd in to the old program. Plus I doubt that anyone is booking more cruises than intended so they can get a pen and pencil set and priority embarkation under the current past guest program. Nor do I beleive that Carnival or John Heald has ever considered that to be happening.

As far as Carnival not wanting their customers to notice that NCL has five water slides. Immagine that.... A company not wanting you to look and see what the compitition is doing. That is such shady business practices isn't it? It is not my intention to sound like a cheerleader, and I am sure that it is how I am coming off, but posts like this just irk me to death. People that only want to see the negative in everything just bother me. I am a travel agent and no, Carnival is not the greatest cruise line out there but it does give you a great value. I also like that they are always trying to improve their product. I think its great that they have a "mouthpeice" for the company that is fun to read and easily accessable.

Well said, astros. :)

Don't let him bug you. Check his posting history . . . the most negative you can find. Probably a very miserable lonely person. Never has anything nice to say about Carnival, yet hangs out here like stale smoke.:(

I think you hit the nail on the head

Way too many living vicariously through him

And some of the crap he has to put up with...crazy

Living vicariously through John is it exactly. Nothing wrong with that. I think he's a great ambassador for Carnival. What does get old is excessive cheer leading and a few here who feel its their job to keep John informed on Cruise Critic members and any statements they make. It's disgusting to see members here act like they are buddy buddy here, then go to Johns facebook page and bash CC members.

Archived