Stupid question: Who is John Harald

NKsDogWalker

John Heald - He is Carnival's top Cruise Director. He blogs several times a week and maintains an amazing Facebook page. He's very funny (and a bit on the pervy side). I'd recommend joining his Facebook page to anybody interested in Carnival cruising. He is an amazing liaison between Carnival's top management and the public. He brings about significant changes that help the passengers. For example, in the next week or two, he has a meeting with Carnival's top management to talk about implementing a program to manage the chair hogging situation.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/JohnHeald

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

I keep seeing his name mentioned. Is he like the president of Carnival? A blogger?

The benevolent Jim Jones of Carnival. He has quite the following cult.

Yeah he is a nice guy but I think most bugging him for favors are using him. Maybe not everyone but it sure seems like it in some cases.

He's like the head cruise director for Carnival. Been a cruise director for ages, and is sort of the brand ambassador. He has a facebook page and a blog that people follow. If you have special requirements for your cruise, many people ask him to help them with them. He is a character.

If you have special requirements for your cruise, many people ask him to help them with them.

Its cool he helps with special requirements at times. Whats not cool are folks using him for things regular passengers pay for. Anniversaries and evens most people pay for the decorations and such but some don't feel they need to pay like everyone else or ask for a special table with the Maitre'D, so they ask John.

HAH! I thought it was funny and the little I know of JH, he probably would too!:D

I think the guy is a decent fellow and he definitely has a sense of humor (which make a man even more awesome in my book). Its some of his fans that are a bit scary lol.

I think the guy is a decent fellow and he definitely has a sense of humor (which make a man even more awesome in my book). Its some of his fans that are a bit scary lol.

I think you hit the nail on the head

Way too many living vicariously through him

And some of the crap he has to put up with...crazy

I recently just found out that he will be on our Breeze cruise in January. I'm thinking it will be interesting, entertaining & possibly maddening to see some of the groupie interactions with him.

He is a CCL mouthpiece whose job is to spin CCL cutbacks into pluses and keep you from looking at other cruise lines.

His longest running joke is "the loyalty program will be revamped", believe it or not, people believe this despite it being first said over three years ago, some probably have booked more CCL cruises than intended to be "grandfathered in".

When they cram more people on existing ships, take away space, he'll say that they are the "funships" hoping his syncophants don't look around and noticed other lies like NCL that have ships with five water slides and other stuff. Maybe he'll spin the chog situation on CCL as a game to see who can fight best over a chair!

Yes he is a very nice person and good at his job. His problem seems to be his facebook, if you read today's posts it's a perfect example of his mean spirited followers. A few constantly demean this site which does provide good information to many cruisers. It's hard to believe that he continues to allow some of them to keep posting on his site I'm sure the Carnival beards would not like those type of posters. Apparently they cannot monitor a private site just thought JH would not be so drawn to mean spirited persons or maybe just one very mean, foul mouthed lady.

Archived