Yet Another Early Saver Question

BamaCruiser20

I have a question I don't recall seeing discussed before. When using Early Saver to book I know that $50 of the deposit is non-refundable, and that the remaining $200 is held for future use. My question is: does the $200 have to be used by the same person the booking was originally made for? In other words, if I book for myself and my husband, and for some reason he ends up not being able to go. Will the $200 portion of his deposit that Carnival holds have to be used in the future by him, or will I be able to use it to book another cruise for myself? I cruise regularly and will have no problem using it in the future. However, he has never cruised, so I don't know if he would ever use it.

Albeit, this will probably be a mute point b/c I always purchase "cancel for any reason" travel insurance, so it should be covered. But, I am just trying to cover all the bases before we book using ES.

I have a question I don't recall seeing discussed before. When using Early Saver to book I know that $50 of the deposit is non-refundable, and that the remaining $200 is held for future use. My question is: does the $200 have to be used by the same person the booking was originally made for? In other words, if I book for myself and my husband, and for some reason he ends up not being able to go. Will the $200 portion of his deposit that Carnival holds have to be used in the future by him, or will I be able to use it to book another cruise for myself? I cruise regularly and will have no problem using it in the future. However, he has never cruised, so I don't know if he would ever use it.

Albeit, this will probably be a mute point b/c I always purchase "cancel for any reason" travel insurance, so it should be covered. But, I am just trying to cover all the bases before we book using ES.

Normally Husband would have to be on the follow-on booking; if you can prove you paid for both Passengers, there is a form you can fill out to get the credit in your name.

ken

I believe the rule is pretty much no name changes other than a death....

OP doesnt want to name change. Her question was if her husband cancels, can she get the rest of the deposit credited to her as a future credit.

As Ken above said, yes, if she paid for it in with a credit card in her name.

Iffy, since the credit card might be in both names?? Id say this one could be a bit ticklish.. but doable if she pushes.

OP this is only before final payment. After final payment, cancel penalties are the same for all fares.

I'm new to this board and the cruise I'm looking at evidently has a $350pp deposit ($700 for 2) and the the whole amt ($700) for early saver is said to be nonrefundable. Is this something new? The post above (#1) says only the $50pp is non refundable.

Thanks for any info.

Penny:)

P.S. I reread the original post; I guess the $300pp balance may be put into an account of some sort for a future deposit? If so, I wasn't aware of this.

I'm new to this board and the cruise I'm looking at evidently has a $350pp deposit ($700 for 2) and the the whole amt ($700) for early saver is said to be nonrefundable. Is this something new? The post above (#1) says only the $50pp is non refundable.

Thanks for any info.

P.S. I reread the original post; I guess the $300pp balance may be put into an account of some sort for a future deposit? If so, I wasn't aware of this.

When you have to cancel Early Saver there is a $50 penalty. The remainder of the deposit is held in your name for a future cruise.

Thanks for any info.

Carnival calls the Early Saver deposit "non-refundable" - this means that the deposit, less $50pp ES Cancellation Penalty, is held toward a future cruise w/in 2 years. You can never get any of that deposit refunded, only credited toward a future cruise. ken

Carnival calls the Early Saver deposit "non-refundable" - this means that the deposit, less $50pp ES Cancellation Penalty, is held toward a future cruise w/in 2 years. You can never get any of that deposit refunded, only credited toward a future cruise. ken

for the answer to my question. I'm glad all of the deposit is not lost :eek:!

Penny

P.S.-Glad I was able to find your answers...not used to a board with 6 pages of threads in 24 hours!:D

Archived