Can we make a 10:20 flight out of VCE?

boulders

We will be disembarking in Venice in July after a 24 night cruise. :eek:We will have already had a 3 day stay in Venice during the cruise, so I am not too eager to stay an extra day on the end. The only one stop flight that gets us home on the same day leaves at 10:20 a.m. Can we make it? On our previous Med cruise, we had a departure out of BCN with a 10:40 flight and we were sitting at the gate by 7:30.

I did similar last yr.We disembarked on own at 8am,arranged own taxi,and barely got to airport for cutoff time to get luggage on ..not even the 2hrs minimum rec.for international travel..We DID make 10 15 flight,,but NEVER again.Too rushed,to worried and NO FUN>>>change if you can..

If ONE thing had gone wrong,,would have been stuck.

Plus, our cruisline rec.earliest at 12 noon,should have listened.:(

We will be disembarking in Venice in July after a 24 night cruise. :eek:We will have already had a 3 day stay in Venice during the cruise, so I am not too eager to stay an extra day on the end. The only one stop flight that gets us home on the same day leaves at 10:20 a.m. Can we make it? On our previous Med cruise, we had a departure out of BCN with a 10:40 flight and we were sitting at the gate by 7:30.

Depends. WHEN is the ship scheduled to dock? Some cruise lines schedule a very early arrival (4am or so) to accommodate those flights. WHAT is the earliest departure time recommended by your cruise line?

Without the answers to those questions, everyone is just guessing.

What happened one time in Barcelona has zero relevance to predict what will happen in Venice.

Scheduled docking time is 7 a.m. I haven't booked the flights yet.

What port are you in the previous day.

I would look at the check in requirements for the flight/airline you are on (eg., one hour or two hours before departure).

I would also post on the cruise line board to see what the experience was for those on your ship.

Find out what 7:00 AM means. If that is truly an arrival time and your bags won't be off the ship until something like 8:30 AM I would not do this. If you would be off the ship by 7:00 AM which sometimes is the case when 7:00 AM is listed that is doable.

Again, try to get some input from those who have been on that same ship and itinerary and then verify the required check in times for your flight.

Just know that there can always be delays in ships arriving to port from technical reasons to illnesses to other weather.

Keith

I am not sure I agree with you that the only "one stop" (I assume you mean one change of planes) option that gets you home the same day departs at 10.20am. I assume you are flying to Toronto? There are afternoon flights via Frankfurt and London with just one connection. I think you need to do a bit more research.

But for a 7am arrival, 10.20am is cutting it way too close.

I am not sure I agree with you that the only "one stop" (I assume you mean one change of planes) option that gets you home the same day departs at 10.20am. I assume you are flying to Toronto? There are afternoon flights via Frankfurt and London with just one connection. I think you need to do a bit more research.

But for a 7am arrival, 10.20am is cutting it way too close.

I should have said one stop flights booked on my airline of choice. I'm currently booked on an afternoon flight on BA and changing airlines in LHR for an evening flight to Toronto. I just wanted to see what everyone though about the possibility of making the earlier flight so that I didn't have to change airlines. Thanks!

Archived