Keeping warm in a sundress

jdwmaw

Hello! Going on a Caribbean cruise this summer - planning on sundresses for day/night. My question is what do you wear over your dress to stay warm inside, especially in the MDR (other than a shawl/wrap)? Do you put a bolero/shurg over your formal dress? I hear the air conditioning is cold - and I am one of those "always cold" people. Thanks!

Hello! Going on a Caribbean cruise this summer - planning on sundresses for day/night. My question is what do you wear over your dress to stay warm inside, especially in the MDR (other than a shawl/wrap)? Do you put a bolero/shurg over your formal dress? I hear the air conditioning is cold - and I am one of those "always cold" people. Thanks!

I am one of those always cold people too. I bring a sweater for supper at night, formal nights when I have a dress on, I freeze. My daughter wears shrugs with her sundress. I think it is funny when I look at my cruise photos, I am wearing shorts and tanks during the day, at night I look like I am in winter in ND. :D Being in the sun all day makes my body's thermostat go crazy.

I too find the AC a bit too cold, especially in the dining room and theatre. I take an unstructured velvet cardigan, a shrug (short sleeved) and the most useful thing a pashmina.

Sandy in Spain

Hi, :)you mention a sundress and then formalwear.....so, are you

looking for something for both styles? I always bring a cardigan with

me. You can find something quite simple for a sundress....find a

neutral color that goes with your dresses. As to formalwear? Many

of my dresses/tops have sleeves, although I have a black fine gauge

knit cardigan that I will use if needed.

It depends on the dress for me. I'll use a shawl or cardigan depending on what goes with the outfit. I have several large colored shawls that are great. I also have sheer silver and black ones. My lace back black cardigan goes too though!

Thanks for all the advice - think I will look for couple things, found a knit shrug on Etsy that is pretty casual, and then maybe a bolero or a wrap for my more formal dresses, whichever I find first in the right color!

Archived