FCC, no option to buy after cruise

yvrcruiser62

To err is human, to really screw up requires Carnival Customer Loyalty department.

Just got back from a cruise on the Victory, April 15-22. Wanted to buy a FCC. They do not sell them on the Victory, or apparently on a couple of other ships. Asked as customer service desk and they tell me to call the Carnival Customer Loyalty department within a week and I can buy it from them.

So I called and was told you have to buy them on board, explained I was on the Victory and what I was told. They replied that the option to buy after the cruise was no longer available, they changed the policy April 2.

That is correct information. It was implemented, I believe, April 1st.

It is absolutely ludicrous to me why they can't sell FCC onboard ALL ships. Is there really that big of a line of people to purchase them that it can't be handled at the purser's desk?

We are sailing on the Imagination in a month and wanted to buy two FCCs for a Breeze cruise next summer. I'm ticked that I can no longer purchase them.:mad:

Last year we bought a FCC after returning home from the victory - This year we have been told we can't. Apparently your loyalty to Carnival is based on what ship you sail. What a disgrace if you ask me.

I guess Carnival would prefer those of us sailing on these three ships sail with another Cruise Line in the future.

Al

This is from the TA website:

Rolled out in the first quarter of 2010, this exciting program allows guests traveling on all Carnival Ships

(with the exception of the Carnival Imagination, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation and the Carnival Victory) the opportunity to book their Future Carnival Vacation on board. Here are the advantages:

2010 was a bad year for us regarding the Future Cruise certificates. We sailed on the Dream on 2/13/10; the Imagination on 4/12/10; the Victory on 9/12/10; and Sensation on 12/9/10. None of those sold the certificates. The Dream finally started selling them a couple of months after we sailed on her. It's a good thing I bought several on previous cruises.

I read here on CC that they discontinued selling the FCC's over the phone after returning from cruises that did not offer them on the ships; I am glad that I was able to purchase one over the phone when I returned from Victory in early March.

I did read that the change took place April 1 or 2.

I think they should offer FCC's on ALL ships then. Don't penalize those who cruise on ships that don't offer the FCC's. Really, it doesn't take up a whole lot of space to set up a small desk on the promenade desk with a laptop and a staff member to sell them. They only sell them a few hours per night, on a couple of the nights, anyway.

Archived