New to Princess - a few questions

newhawaiicruiser

We are taking our first Princess cruise to Alaska on the Golden in June and I have a couple of questions.

1. How long does it usually take for luggage to be delivered to your stateroom? Do we need to have our clothes for dinner in our carry on bag?

2. We have anytime dining. I know that there are two dining rooms for anytime diners. Will we be assigned to a specific dining room? We are travelling with my brother and his wife, and if the dining room is assigned I need to make sure we are assigned the same dining room.

We are taking our first Princess cruise to Alaska on the Golden in June and I have a couple of questions.

1. How long does it usually take for luggage to be delivered to your stateroom? Do we need to have our clothes for dinner in our carry on bag?

2. We have anytime dining. I know that there are two dining rooms for anytime diners. Will we be assigned to a specific dining room? We are travelling with my brother and his wife, and if the dining room is assigned I need to make sure we are assigned the same dining room.

1. I've heard that the luggage is usually in the room by the time you get to it, or shortly thereafter. However, on our cruise 2 weeks ago, we boarded at 4 and didn't get our luggage until 10:30! Luckily, they are more relaxed in the main dining room the first night so you can go as you are. We wore shorts the first night.

2. You do not get assigned to an anytime dining room. One typically opens earlier while the other often has early traditional dining and then switches to anytime dining at around 6:30.

You usually get it before dinner.

After lunch, before after lifeboat

drill.

Other poster got at 10:30pm I think

because they boared late..4pm.

Anytime dining just go to any open

seating dining room with brother, will sit

together.

Since using the printed luggage tags, bags have been delivered a lot faster than previously. I couldn't believe some of the handwriting some people used to fill out their tags and was amazed they ever got them. My last few cruises, my bags have been delivered between 15 minutes of boarding to a couple of hours. I always board wearing slacks and a top. Be sure to keep your jewelry, cameras and valuables in your carry-on.

We were first time cruisers and have just come back from our first cruise on Island Princess, we received our bags less than an hour after boarding. We had access to our room immediately, so we brought our carry on bags to our room. We had a change of clothes in those, so we didn't have to worry about unpacking right away.

We chose anytime dining and there was a dedicated dining room for that. You can make reservations, that will avoid any waiting in line. We chose to make reservations with friends and enjoyed the wait staff in that area so much, we booked the same table when we made reservations so we'd have the same waiters each time.

You will enjoy your cruise, Have fun!!! :D

Archived