Fascination missed HMC

Cristallo

Carnival corp owns HAL, same as Costa, etc. Same company.

HMC is on Little San Salvadore Island - and it used to be exclusively HAL's private island -- before Carnival Corp got HAL (and 12 other cruise lines). I understand than HAL ships still have first choice to stop there, but Carnival ships use it when HAL isn't.

When I booked our June cruise on Fascination, the cruises that stopped at HMC were more expensive than the ones going to Freeport and/or Key West. So, I'm wondering if Carnival gives OBC to show the difference in fare? When we miss a port on Princess, we get a small amount of OBC for port fees.

We have had 3 cruises with port days on HMC. 2 times on the Fascination. We have always made the stop and had amazing days!!

I am so sorry for anyone that has missed this amazing port. For me in the future I will continue to chose cruises with this stop and pray we make it. This is hubby and on on HMC last Wednesday ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335816586.305477.jpg.4026e3fff77b5892e5ca2a3c1a794e67.jpg

Safe journeys to all currently on the water, and happy cruise dreams to all waiting for your next journey to begin!!!

HMC is on Little San Salvadore Island - and it used to be exclusively HAL's private island -- before Carnival Corp got HAL (and 12 other cruise lines). I understand than HAL ships still have first choice to stop there, but Carnival ships use it when HAL isn't.

When I booked our June cruise on Fascination, the cruises that stopped at HMC were more expensive than the ones going to Freeport and/or Key West. So, I'm wondering if Carnival gives OBC to show the difference in fare? When we miss a port on Princess, we get a small amount of OBC for port fees.

The port fee difference, if there is any, would be the only OBC.

We checked the radar from the weather service and the low that was over the area is moving west AWAY from HMC and towards Nassau. We would have had clear skies.

Oh well nothing to be done but it's just a shame that they continue to sell it as a stop at HMC when most likely you wont be able to stop. It seems like Fascination more then most miss the island.

I certainly understand your frustration, but they make the stop almost all of the time. You've got crap luck apparently :(

Since the island is owned by HAL/ Carnival Corp there would be no port fees so I would not think there would not be anything to be refunded. We are booked in Oct on a b2b in which one leg of our journey includes HMC. We booked it so we could go to the island--really not thrilled at rest of itinerary. That being said I do know there is a chance that we will not get to go to HMC. I would be sad, but realize things do interfere with plans at a tender port.

Sorry you missed HMC. I can understand your disappointment - I would be really sad too. We are scheduled for 5/15 and have rented a cabana, hopefully we will be able to enjoy the day on HMC.

Since the island is owned by HAL/ Carnival Corp there would be no port fees so I would not think there would not be anything to be refunded. We are booked in Oct on a b2b in which one leg of our journey includes HMC. We booked it so we could go to the island--really not thrilled at rest of itinerary. That being said I do know there is a chance that we will not get to go to HMC. I would be sad, but realize things do interfere with plans at a tender port.

Okay, that makes sense about no port fees because the island is owned by CCL. But, explain why the cruise fares for voyages going to HMC are more expensive than those with more ports like KW...

Okay, that makes sense about no port fees because the island is owned by CCL. But, explain why the cruise fares for voyages going to HMC are more expensive than those with more ports like KW...

Probably because HMC is a popular port. Nothing illegal about charging extra for the most popular ports.....

It's all supply and demand - Eastern tends to run higher than Western anyway. HMC cruises are in limited supplies, so yes, they do tend to be priced a little higher.

We missed it on our Miracle cruise in October. Booked Miracle again for this October and really hope we make it. We have missed the NCL private island a few times also. Building a pier is a HUGE expense and they have to get approved for the dredging...which is not easy from what I have heard.

Sorry you missed it. I watched them unload the boat and take the supplies ashore and watched them take a boat of the first passengers over...only to watch them bring them back about a half hour later. Seems that the major risk is those that are in wheelchairs and have mobility issues that cannot get on the tender boats if they are not perfectly in sync with the ship...so while most of us would be able to hold on and jump a few inches if the boats weren't connected...so if we can't all make it, none of us make it...safety first.

Oh well nothing to be done but it's just a shame that they continue to sell it as a stop at HMC when most likely you wont be able to stop.

What a weak statement! We're 2 for 2 stopping at HMC on Fascination and we're one phone call away from booking our next one there too.

I hope your luck changes.

I can tell you since the weathers moved away the last couple days here in FL have been VERY windy.... It's not always rain as the reason you miss it. It STINKS you've missed it twice and with the Oasis booked too UGH...but I'm sure they had good reason...

I would say supply and demand. Given the choice of going to HMC or Key West it's a no brainer to me--I would take the upgraded product and go with HMC. As anywhere in life something that is perceived as the "better" product garners the bigger price.

I was just checking out my friends pictures from this cruise - the storm pictures she took looked really bad. I wouldnt have gotten off the ship! The one of the ship pulling away still looked terribly choppy :\

Hey guys - look on the bright side - you are on vacation! While Carnival would LOVE to control the weather, they can't! I'm on my way on Saturday - hopefully to HMC, but if not, I will still be happy - I'm on vacation!

I was on that cruise and I had a wonderful nap that morning after we left the island. We had a great sunny beach day in Freeport on our last day which they changed from a sea day to a port day. I am glad we had a sunny day to get off the boat.:)

My family had a nice day at the beach on Freeport also. I'm sure it was not as nice as HM. Maybe next time well make it there. I did feel that the weather was bad at HM. Windy and choppy water. Felt really bummed when told we could not stay but agree with the safety first. I felt like the mood of the whole ship bottomed out when told we could not go. A little later we were told about Freeport and although not the same, it put a hop back into the cruise.

Archived