Traveling with Minor question.

Maticus22

We are taking our son's friend with us next week on our cruise. We have our notarized letter from both his parents as well as a medical release. Here is my question. His mom and dad our not married, and mom has since married someone else. We have the kid's original bc but mom's name does not match on the notarized letter with the bc. Do we need a copy of her marriage license to prove that mother is the one that signed the letter authorizing travel?

We are taking our son's friend with us next week on our cruise. We have our notarized letter from both his parents as well as a medical release. Here is my question. His mom and dad our not married, and mom has since married someone else. We have the kid's original bc but mom's name does not match on the notarized letter with the bc. Do we need a copy of her marriage license to prove that mother is the one that signed the letter authorizing travel?

I'd recommend checking with the cruise line directly. They would be able to provide the most accurate answer as they would be the one examining any documentaion with the reservation and check in.

• 1 month later...
I will be traveling with a 12 yr old grandchild. Do I need a notarized parental consent & medical release?

Yes, from both parents. It should state names, dates and other pertinent information. I do overkill and get the letter and then I copy the parent's passports to show their signatures are who they say they are. Don't forget the medical card itself (not that it is all that good outside the country).

Archived