The other side of the Freedom/tobacco story

Sheeesh...my wife gives me dirty looks for being on CC while we're sitting on the couch. If she were in the hospital and I was on CC I would end up in ICU! :eek:

But on a serious note I'm glad she gets to go home and everything works out. :)

She won't post. But sometimes she comments.

As to this subject she has a dilemma.

She has always said when she dies she wants to be cremated and buried at sea. But now she thinks everything I bring on board has to be in the original packaging.

So she want's to know... do we skin her first and put the ashes in her birthday suit? (original packaging) Or do I try to smuggle her aboard in a screw top container?:D

The Doctors were doing one of those cognitive function tests and she was talking about that at the time they were in the room. I had to convince them she really wasn't crazy.:eek:

She has always said when she dies she wants to be cremated and buried at sea. But now she thinks everything I bring on board has to be in the original packaging.

So she want's to know... do we skin her first and put the ashes in her birthday suit? (original packaging) Or do I try to smuggle her aboard in a screw top container?:D

The Doctors were doing one of those cognitive function tests and she was talking about that at the time they were in the room. I had to convince them she really wasn't crazy.:eek:

I've been meaning to ask you...how was your experience on the Nina and Mayflower? :confused:

I know people give the Sovereign class fecal matter because they're smaller but I like the smaller ships. I think I would have enjoyed them but, alas, they were before my time. Kind of like the Sun Viking. :cool:

What another Coastie:rolleyes:

The Coastie OP they are refering to is very well respected even by the Navy:D

Ok...I have GREAT respect for the Coast Guard as they have helped to save the lives of many of my family and friends. When I was at sea and boarded by the Coasties most times they were great. Other times they came on board with riffles drawn and looking for action. As we had nothing to hide, they had no action. On one conversation with a man going through our survival suits, he made me aware of the fact that he had zero navigational skills, and was hoping to learn soon. I said, "So you can board us, search us, and yet if I need your help to get home you don't know how?" YEP.

Then they boarded my father who had a copy of his permit. He was wrong he didn't have the original. YET...he called everyday (as is the law) and told the gov't where he was going to go. They want to fine him 80,000 dollars for this great offense.

Forgive me if someone waves a Coasties flag and thinks I should bow down. I'm on a need to know basis and gives credit where it is due. I know no one here that has earned it from me personally.

I know people give the Sovereign class fecal matter because they're smaller but I like the smaller ships. I think I would have enjoyed them but, alas, they were before my time.

According to your sig though you are going on one in a few months and have been on one 3 times in the past!? :confused::D

According to your sig though you are going on one in a few months and have been on one 3 times in the past!? :confused::D

I was referring to the Nina and the Mayflower...;)

Edit: I should have been clearer but the gist of the post was in all un-seriousness.

I've been meaning to ask you...how was your experience on the Nina and Mayflower? :confused:

I know people give the Sovereign class fecal matter because they're smaller but I like the smaller ships. I think I would have enjoyed them but, alas, they were before my time. Kind of like the Sun Viking. :cool:

No pillow chocolates on the Nina. Not sailing that line ever again.

The pier in Plymouth wasn't as described in the flyer. And disembarkation was delayed by customs.

You just made my day, I just LOL'd really loudly at work, during a meeting!! This is by far the most interesting comment in this entire thread.:eek:

Hope your wife is doing well!!:)

What those guests did was NOT your everyday stupid or questionable.
You have misquoted me. I didn't say everyday stupid.

I wrote " anything stupid or questionable." I was not trying to minimize "the stupid'.

Sheeesh...my wife gives me dirty looks for being on CC while we're sitting on the couch. If she were in the hospital and I was on CC I would end up in ICU! :eek:

But on a serious note I'm glad she gets to go home and everything works out. :)

Funny but I was thinking why not spend time on something mindless like CC when a loved one is in the hospital.

Better then Sudoku.:D

I believe the ticket contract, paragraph 8e, covers this situation. Specifically the part that gives the cruise line and/or the captain sole discretion to deny boarding if a passenger is "believed to present a possible danger [or] security risk". It doesn't even say that that discretion has to be reasonable. (It does, however, have to be legal, since you can't contract to something illegal. So the captain can't deny boarding to someone based solely on their race or religion.) Whether that's fair or not, we can argue about. But that's what the contract says.

8g says that the cruise line doesn't owe refunds to passengers who are not onboard for any reason when the ship leaves.

Don't jump all over me for pointing this out. People have asked what in the contract gave the captain the right to deny boarding to the couple, or what provision of the contract they violated, and I found it. If you don't think it's a fair provision, or you think that the captain's discretion wasn't reasonable in this case, fine. But please don't shoot the messenger.

Best wishes to Mrs. Evaluator!

Laughter is the best medicine

BTW Im LMAO

How about a Viking funeral using one of the lifeboats? :)

Aurelius 180,

I have spent MANY hours by my daughter's bedside ( never leave the hospital when she is there), on my laptop reading CC. It does not impact the care or concern I give her.

My best wishes to the Evaluators. I love the sense of humor in light of tragic circumstances.

Aurelius 180,

I have spent MANY hours by my daughter's bedside ( never leave the hospital when she is there), on my laptop reading CC. It does not impact the care or concern I give her.

My best wishes to the Evaluators. I love the sense of humor in light of tragic circumstances.

I'm sure it doesn't. It was meant as a joke. :cool:

Maybe we need to start a new thread. "Rumrunners or fake hair spray cans: what is the best way to get a loved one's ashes on board?"

I know this is getting a bit morbid, however::D:eek:

I have many friends that work at Disneyland, and about 3-5 times per year they are forced to close down The Haunted Mansion and call in Haz Mat because someone decides to scatter Grandma's ashes inside the ride (funny, but true).

Apparently the vessel of choice is usually one of those silver or colored metallic water bottles, because they are allowed in the park (to carry water) and are not see-through.

So there you go-:eek:

Woo Hoo! Thread made it to #1351! For those not paying attention, that's when the last thread was locked.

We made it. Do we get something for this achievement?;)

Was it really I better post again to surpass the count than:rolleyes:

Archived