Old 4 megapixels camera D2hs

Here some cropped images shot with a 4.1 megapixels camera in Maui.

D2hs 70-200 f2.8 vr afs w/tc14e extender. 1st photo is full frame then the crops.

The size is too big for the board so I'm supplying a link. It will open by itself in a new window.

http://www.thegrumble.com/ak/hi0dx.jpg

hi0.jpg

hi1.jpg

hi2.jpg

hi3.jpg

hi4.jpg

These were taken at about 8fps. This body can be found used in the 4 - 5 hundred dollar range. Why do we need 36 megapixels and spend $1000's to have the best? There are great deals on old pro bodies if you get over I need 36 megapixels hurdle.

framer

Well because you can and technology makes it possible :D

Imagine the detail you'd get of the waves, of course you won't get the sequence of the crash, for that you need the D4 and my that is a sweet body. I'm still noddling whether D800 or D4, depending on whether I think my finger / eye timing for single shot is a match for 10FPS :D

In bright light any higher end sports older camers will be great as these fun pictures prove, very NICE shots.

But... needing to have fast focus in conditions where 6400 -10000 ISO and 1/500 and well that is another story. BTW I agree for sports not many pixels required.

The D800 is studio/landscape/fashion and blow the Sony/Canon guys away camera! While people debate it for sports it really isn't a sports camera. You'll do better picking up a used D3s/D3/D700/D300s/D300 in that order and of course the D2* line after that.

An example of what a higher end D700/D3/D3s can do in low light, close distance with object moving at you requiring really fast focus response ;)

dsc8799filtered-L.jpg

Here some cropped images shot with a 4.1 megapixels camera in Maui.

D2hs 70-200 f2.8 vr afs w/tc14e extender. 1st photo is full frame then the crops.

The size is too big for the board so I'm supplying a link. It will open by itself in a new window.

http://www.thegrumble.com/ak/hi0dx.jpg

These were taken at about 8fps. This body can be found used in the 4 - 5 hundred dollar range. Why do we need 36 megapixels and spend $1000's to have the best? There are great deals on old pro bodies if you get over I need 36 megapixels hurdle.

framer

The point I'm trying to make is if a guy want a proformance body and wants to spend 90% less than a D3s the D2hs is still in the game. The autofocus IMHO is better-faster than a D7000, takes 8fps, now the ISO does show it age topping out for good quality at 1600 but usable at 3200 in a pinch, it will fire brusts of 50 shots at 8fps and get over 2000 shots on a charge.

Makes a great 2nd body/backup use when you need speed.

framer

Archived