Boarding the MAGIC

Carlyzmom

We get on the Magic this Sunday!!!! What time are they letting folks get on board?

Once all departing guests have left the ship and Customs clears it for boarding. Noon-ish....

It will normally depend on how quickly the get the other passengers off and get the ship cleaned and ready for your trip. However in Galveston we normally go down to the pier around 11am and either get right on or soon thereafter. A few times we were allowed onto the ship but couldn't get to our room until after 1pm.

We get on the Magic this Sunday!!!! What time are they letting folks get on board?

We usually plan to get to the terminal around noon. As others have said it just depends on how quickly they get the previous passengers off and the ship gets cleared by customs.

Take good care of her! We get onboard after you!

~ Tracy

I've cruise out of Galveston 8 times and once on the Magic. I always get to the pier around 10:30 and barring any unusual delays like fog or crew inspections we usually start boarding shortly after 11:15ish.....

If you are lucky they will continue trialing the early cabin availability where your cabin is ready as early as 11am. When I was on the Magic in March, they were having a health inspection so it was 1:30 as usual to get into the cabins, but I was still on the ship by 11:30.

And BTW, VIP self debarkation usually starts around 6:45 even though they will tell you the ship doesn't start debarking until 8am. By 8 am I'm in my car and well north of downtown Houston.

JEALOUS!!! We dont get to board until February, but we will also be in Galveston this weekend just for the heck of it. (Not gonna lie, its kinda to check out our ship too :D). Anyways, have a blast!

Does anyone know if she docks with her bow facing the oil rig museum/out to see or does she back out. I tend to remember someone saying she was too big too turn like the conquest did. Does anyone know, we want to check out our cove!

JEALOUS!!! We dont get to board until February, but we will also be in Galveston this weekend just for the heck of it. (Not gonna lie, its kinda to check out our ship too :D). Anyways, have a blast!

Does anyone know if she docks with her bow facing the oil rig museum/out to see or does she back out. I tend to remember someone saying she was too big too turn like the conquest did. Does anyone know, we want to check out our cove!

About the only time she doesn't dock facing the museum is when the winds are up or she's got some other need to quickly get docked.

The turn around (we call it the Dance) still happens but it's further up the channel than were the Conquest use to turn right at Harbor House. I'm not sure if either of the webcams pick up the Dance, but you can access Magics forward webcam and see if she's turning.

About the only time she doesn't dock facing the museum is when the winds are up or she's got some other need to quickly get docked.

The turn around (we call it the Dance) still happens but it's further up the channel than were the Conquest use to turn right at Harbor House. I'm not sure if either of the webcams pick up the Dance, but you can access Magics forward webcam and see if she's turning.

Yay! Thanks for the info! We should be able to find our cove soon!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We usually get to the parking facility around 10:30am and are at the pier by 11:00am

I hope they have the cabins ready early...But I won't hold my breath.

Have they started getting the cabins ready early? Or did I misunderstand?

Thanks!

I agree take good care of her.. we will be at the pier to welcome you back to reality... so that we can go have fun... :) not that we want to rush your week... but... lol we are excited to board her as well

I do know how you feel! LOL That's the way I have felt about the folks on the Magic THIS week! Ha ha!

Archived