Diamond Princess May 26th sailing

My husband and I have a balcony cabin on the Diamond Princess, sailing from Vancouver on May 26, 2012. We will be arriving from a Rocky Mountaineer Canadian Rocky trip. We want to limit the amount of luggage we bring, I am planning on packing just some long pants and casual items. Will this work?

We are not planning on going to formal night, we have anytime dining.

Also, anyone else out there on this ship? Has anyone gotten an upgrade on their cabin?

Also, what about the "coffee plan" is this worth it?

To find out all the info about your ship, your cruise and Princess, the best place for some research is the Princess board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Per board rules, to find and meet others on your cruise, the Roll Call boards are used. Here is yours:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1386434

Pretty active.

One thing to remember is a man doesn't need to take long pants for every night. On a 7 day my husband will only take two pairs of pants if he brings his tux, 3 if he doesn't. Who is going to even know he wore the same pants two days before? He does take at least two polo shirts for each day, one for day wear and one clean one for evenings. He takes two bathing suits and two pairs of shorts. For days at sea he wear a bathing suit and t-shirt, shorts for ports unless we're going to beach. then he wears a bathing suit that really looks more like shorts. He wears sandles during the day so doesn't need socks with them.

We both only have carry on suitcases and have used only these for 14 day cruises or B2Bs.(But we still may have something we didn't wear!)

I have 2 or 3 shorts as I put a bathing suit on 1st thing in the morning. I have tankerinies(SP!) so pull the top out over my shorts or I wear a full length coverup.Then I shower and change for dinner. My night wear is packable nylon for the most part so it takes up little room in my suitcase.

We were on Princess last year and there are many people who no longer dress formally on cruises - any cruise and Princess is included in this. See how many people are formal going to the 1st seating in the dining room or the any time.

Coffee is free in the buffet and from room serviced so why get a coffee plan if it costs you?

My husband and I have a balcony cabin on the Diamond Princess, sailing from Vancouver on May 26, 2012. We will be arriving from a Rocky Mountaineer Canadian Rocky trip. We want to limit the amount of luggage we bring, I am planning on packing just some long pants and casual items. Will this work?

We are not planning on going to formal night, we have anytime dining.

Also, anyone else out there on this ship? Has anyone gotten an upgrade on their cabin?

Also, what about the "coffee plan" is this worth it?

Any Time dining on Princess ships is formal on formal nights.

An upgrade is always possible but not likely, all balconies are sold out for this cruise and there are very few mini-suites available.

If you like "specialty coffees" or brewed coffee then a coffee card has good value.

Archived