Oasis Grand Suite & Rollaway Bed?

Last cruise we were on Oasis and sailed in an Owners Suite. Jnr was 17 months old and slept in a crib (or "Pack and Play") between the window and the bed in the bedroom part of the suite.

This time we are looking to save some pennies and sale in a Grand Suite. Jnr is nolomnger in a crib (2 years and 3 months old now and we plane to cruise in 4 months). Does anyone have experience of a rollaway bed in a Grand Suite or in an Owners Suite? Could you fit the rollaway between the bed and the window?

I appreciate that we could/should have a rollaway (or use a sofabed?) in the living room area, but are hoping that we could put Jnr in the bedroom area, so that we wont disturb him after his bedtime (by going to the bathroom etc).

Thanks

Boo

Last cruise we were on Oasis and sailed in an Owners Suite. Jnr was 17 months old and slept in a crib (or "Pack and Play") between the window and the bed in the bedroom part of the suite.

This time we are looking to save some pennies and sale in a Grand Suite. Jnr is nolomnger in a crib (2 years and 3 months old now and we plane to cruise in 4 months). Does anyone have experience of a rollaway bed in a Grand Suite or in an Owners Suite? Could you fit the rollaway between the bed and the window?

I appreciate that we could/should have a rollaway (or use a sofabed?) in the living room area, but are hoping that we could put Jnr in the bedroom area, so that we wont disturb him after his bedtime (by going to the bathroom etc).

Thanks

Boo

Don't believe that a rool-away is going to fit between the bed and window in either of those cabins...in a GS they usually set the roll-away up in the bar area that is tiled by the closets.

Don't believe that a rool-away is going to fit between the bed and window in either of those cabins...in a GS they usually set the roll-away up in the bar area that is tiled by the closets.

Thank you. :)

I assume that a rollaway isn't much bigger than a pack and play (width wise) and was hoping it might fit like the pack and play did (at least in an OS...

Tiles aera wouldn't be great - right opposite the bathroom door (so noise/light/disturbance) and if Jnr rolls out of bed, quite a hard landing. ALthough I am guessing that we could probably put it somewhere else.

Do you know if GSs have a sofa bed?

We are traveling in a GS with 2 of our children, can we get a roll away bed so the 2 children do not have to sleep in the sofa bed. IF so, do we call ahead and reserve one or just let the stateroom attendant know when we board? My DD sleepwalks and is terrified she will wake up and flip off of the balcony. If she is in the bar area, it is a much further trip to the balcony.lol.

Also, Does the stateroom attendant take it out in the morning?

my experience is, they fold it up and stick it in a corner and you don't really know its there nor is in the way at all.

If you look at the deck plans, a triangle means sofabed. I think all of the GS on Oasis have sofabeds.

Yes they do

We are traveling in a GS with 2 of our children, can we get a roll away bed so the 2 children do not have to sleep in the sofa bed. IF so, do we call ahead and reserve one or just let the stateroom attendant know when we board? My DD sleepwalks and is terrified she will wake up and flip off of the balcony. If she is in the bar area, it is a much further trip to the balcony.lol.

Yes, you can get a roll-away...You can either call Royal if you booked youself or ask your TA...they can mark it on your resi.

my experience is, they fold it up and stick it in a corner and you don't really know its there nor is in the way at all.

I have also seen them actually pull them out of the cabin daily.

• 3 years later...

We are going on our first cruise next year in Owners Suites on Adventure of the Seas. There will be one adult and two teen boys in each room. The boys are usually fine together but we see that rollaways are available and do not normally seem to get in the way (per prior post). We do have the connecting cabins, however, so wonder if anyone has any pics or experience with the rollaway beds in a connecting suite? The connecting door is by the dinette and bar.