New Orleans Muffulaetta???

Beth

Where is the best place to find a muffulaeta in New Orleans? Thanks Beth

Really good question. It is like where to get the best po-boy or bowl of gumbo.

I assume you will be in the downtown/french quarter area. The two best known and are good would be either Central Grocery or Franks. Both are in the quarter and a few doors from each other.

Central Grocery is the only place, IMO, to get a muffulaetta. My dad And I used to drive down there on a Saturday afternoon and one of us would run in and get two of them while the other circled around in the car. Then we would drive back to Metairie and eat them as a family.

Central Grocery is the only place, IMO, to get a muffulaetta. My dad And I used to drive down there on a Saturday afternoon and one of us would run in and get two of them while the other circled around in the car. Then we would drive back to Metairie and eat them as a family.

I really think it is a toss up between the two. If you are Metaitie, have tou ever had one from Nor-joe's?

I'm still I'm Louisiana, but a few hours away now. No, I haven't had one from Nor-joes. I'll need to look it up.

Was in the city this past weekend and ate at Tommy's-- very good!

We come back to the city for the weekend every 4-6 weeks or so.

A lot of folks prefer the one served at The Napoleon House, different primarily because it's served hot. Try that one AND Central Grocery and report your preference back to us!

CENTRAL GROCERY...The home of the Original and we have never had any better, and I love the atmosphere there during the weekday lunch hour.....like a New York Deli and all the local business group grabbing their lunch......

CENTRAL GROCERY...The home of the Original and we have never had any better, and I love the atmosphere there during the weekday lunch hour.....like a New York Deli and all the local business group grabbing their lunch......

Very true, but you really need to check out Franks.

BTW, I know the owners of Central, they ride in the MARDI GRAS parade I ride in. They would shoot me dead for mentioning Franks, if they knew.:rolleyes:

Very true, but you really need to check out Franks.

BTW, I know the owners of Central, they ride in the MARDI GRAS parade I ride in. They would shoot me dead for mentioning Franks, if they knew.:rolleyes:

LOL....Yep they probably would at least throw a Muffelatta at ya....next time in Nawlins, in between eating at all the kinfolks and eating my weight in crawfish, gumbo,potato salad, and anything else all us Cajuns can get into to eat....I will have to give Franks a try for sure!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived