Very concerned about MTD

Sorry if this is going over old ground again. We are due to be on Serenade in 36 hours time and have booked MTD for the first time. This is due to 3 reasons:-

1. We can eat with our US friends from a previouse cruise as RCI will not allow us to link bookings in advance with those made in another country.

2. Cruises from Barcelona have late seating at 9.15, which is just too late.

3 . We want to be able to go at different times depending on whether we have an early start the next day or are happy to have a lie-in.

After reading several posts it seems that nearly everyone on MTD books the same table at the same time each night and therefore it is impossible to vary your dining times. Why? Surely that is what Traditional dining is for?

Is this your experience?

Off to bed now but will wait with baited breath to read the replies from US posters in the morning. :)

My recent experience was that if you had a large table - say 10 or so people - they encouraged you to eat early or late so that they could utilize the larger tables twice in one evening.

We had a large table and did eat at the same time every night, but there were plenty of empty smaller tables every single night while we ate which they could have sat people at at any time.

I imagine it is simply because some people want a smaller table or prefer to dine during the "in-between" hours. The concept of MTD is to be able to differ your time, so I don't see that you should have any problems doing so.

we have only done MTD once , on the mariner ,so my knowledge is very limited:rolleyes:

we did not go the same time or same table each night ,so you can indeed do what you want to ,mostly. sometimes you may have to wait a little while ,but convenience sometimes costs;)

anyhoo ,we decided we did not like MTD , it took away something from our experience in the MDR:(

of course ,your mileage may vary:D

enjoy your cruise

dave

Archived