Roll Call Activities

We have a pretty active roll call for a Liberty Cruise in September. We have planned a meet & greet, poker pub crawl on board, and a slot pull. What are some other fun things that you have done as a group before? I would be interested in hearing about some fun twists on the things that we have planned already too!

On one of our previous cruises, we bonded with about 5-6 other couples. On board the ship, we all went to the comedy clubs together, the women went to Afternoon Tea, those of us who had Your Time Dining went to dinner together a couple of nights (and also went to The Steakhouse together one night), and we hung out at the bars.

From there, a bunch of us went on excursions together and had a blast. Some of them we have remained friends with to this day, and some of us have gone our separate ways. We have found that it's not just the people you meet, but also the memories you have together.

Have fun on your cruise!

We have a pretty active roll call for a Liberty Cruise in September. We have planned a meet & greet, poker pub crawl on board, and a slot pull. What are some other fun things that you have done as a group before? I would be interested in hearing about some fun twists on the things that we have planned already too!

Have you considered a private open bar cocktail party? Pretty inexpensive compared to single drink purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did a gift exchange. Each person that wanted to participate brought a gift that was from their region...for example...Cleveland, Cleveland Browns Christmas ornament, Kentucky, KY Wildcat shirt or some brought a bottle of wine made from their region...etc. The gift was to cost $10. We placed the gifts on a table at the meet and greet and then each person that brought a gift received a number. When your number was called you went up and picked out a gift (they were wrapped and you did not know what you were getting). A person could steal someone's gift one time only.

It was a blast.

We've got a SUPER active roll call too (we're doing the Liberty in a week). Not all of these ideas came to fruition but we've talked about

meet and greet and an open bar cocktail party (both happening),

an on-ship bar crawl (also happening),

a cabin crawl (basically some of the people who have different types of rooms open their rooms up for a period of time for everyone to hang out, but I don't think we're going to end up doing this because we have SO many people)

rent the Oasis on Half Moon Cay (couldn't get enough people interested which I was SUPER sad about...if we had gotten 12 people it only would have been $116 per person and would have included open bar all day!)

Most of us have also shared excursion information and some of us are doing the same excursions as well :)

We did a gift exchange. Each person that wanted to participate brought a gift that was from their region...for example...Cleveland, Cleveland Browns Christmas ornament, Kentucky, KY Wildcat shirt or some brought a bottle of wine made from their region...etc. The gift was to cost $10. We placed the gifts on a table at the meet and greet and then each person that brought a gift received a number. When your number was called you went up and picked out a gift (they were wrapped and you did not know what you were getting). A person could steal someone's gift one time only.

It was a blast.

we are doing something very similar with our roll call group for our cruise which leaves tomorrow...glad to see it was fun for your group....I think the only things we are planning to do differently are that we are not wrapping our gifts but letting everyone enjoy the display of the various items...and we decided as a group not to do the "stealing" thing

We do all sorts of different activities with our roll call. A couple of the more unusual ones were the Formal waterslide (we dressed in Goodwill-type "formal" wear and went down the waterslide), theme nights (have done 70's, Parrothead, red duds night) and digital scavenger hunt. We also do the old standbys like the cabin crawl, slot pull and cocktail party.

The Roll Call for my cruise in 24 days has been strangely quiet......

Unfortunately mine is REAL QUIET too!! I have always enjoyed my past cruise roll calls, however, lately it has just been my posts! That is ok. I just miss the 'chit chat' back and forth regarding the anticipation of the upcoming cruise, what everyone is doing at the different ports, discussing a meet & greet and so on.....

21 days til I set sail & I am very very excited!!

Archived