Five hour taxi tours

biebz

I have been reading the boards about taxi tours and all the wonderful guides. We have been to Bermuda several times, just for the beaches and would like to take a tour this time, but 5 hours may be too long. I realize you can design your own tour, but I am interested in reading about some of your tour itineraries. Do the guides give you a tour of St. George and Hamilton or do they just drop you off and you do your own walking tour. I would appreciate hearing about your tour experiences. Thanks a bunch!

I have been reading the boards about taxi tours and all the wonderful guides. We have been to Bermuda several times, just for the beaches and would like to take a tour this time, but 5 hours may be too long. I realize you can design your own tour, but I am interested in reading about some of your tour itineraries. Do the guides give you a tour of St. George and Hamilton or do they just drop you off and you do your own walking tour. I would appreciate hearing about your tour experiences. Thanks a bunch!

I have taken the taxi tour 3 times and am planning another this cruise coming up. I have always done 3 hour tours and basically leave it up to the driver where to take me.

They drive you around to various places, pointing things out and stopping for you to get out and check it out if you like. I believe the itineraries vary from person to person and driver to driver.

I hope this helps! Enjoy!

You can have as long or as short a tour as you'd like (although there is a minimum of I think 3 hours). How long you tour will depend on several things including how much of the island you'd like to see. Obviously if you want to go all the way to St. George the travel time will add to the total tour time. Staying in the Hamilton vicinity won't take as long. If you decide you'd like to go inside places like the Crystal/Fantasy Caves, the Aquarium, Museum and Zoo, etc. while your guide waits for you, this will add time to your tour.

You mentioned that 5 hours seemed like too long a tour time to you. When we toured 2 summers ago, we actually toured about 8 hours! We went all the way to St. George and hit many of the "must sees" of the island. We took time to go into the Crystal Cave and the Aquarium/Museum/Zoo. Our guide dropped us in a central location in St. George and we were able to walk to see many of the attractions there. We took time to stop for lunch at the Swizzle Inn and went both to places we requested and also places our wonderful guide thought we'd enjoy. The 8 hours flew by, and we didn't go into Hamilton at all until the following day when we took the ferry and went on our own!

You might find it helpful to get an idea of some of the things you'd like to include as part of your tour (on these boards and by googling Bermuda attractions) and ask your guide how long he thinks it would take to accomplish everything on your list. You can add or subtract from there. Good luck with your planning! Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

On our first cruise to Bermuda we did a 5 hour tour from dockyards to st George's and rode the ferry back to dockyards.

Saw any of the normal things and a few special things. Spent time in the aquarium, toke picture by the worlds smallest drawbridge etc.

Just returned from our second cruise to Bermuda. This time we did a 7 hour tour dockyard to St George's and return. Here is some of what we did:

West Whale Bay

BUEI, 1 to 1.5 hours (Great)

King's Square Downtown, St. George, Arrive before Noon for the celebration (Great)

Lunch in a local pub

Bailey's Ice Cream Bermuda after lunch (I would skip next time)

John Smith's Bay

Birdcage Hamilton Bermuda

Tour of Hamilton.

Return to Enchantment of the Seas.

Archived