Amsterdam 14 day Alaska cruise questions

april47

This is a link to the website at Icy Strait and it has pictures and videos of the trails and excursions. I've found it helpful and fun to explore!

Icy Strait Point

For OP with limited walking ability, the trail along the shore that goes to the right as you face the water (i.e., to the left as you face the land) would be great because there are benches where you can sit down and rest all along the path.

There are also picnic tables in the campfire area. It is interesting to sit there and chat with the locals who maintain the fire while looking out at the water.

When they first opened Icy Strait Point as a cruise port, they used to welcome each cruise passenger with a wooden chip to toss into the campfire and make a wish, but they were no longer doing that the last time we were there.

The longer path along the water in the opposite direction, towards the town of Hoonah, did not have any places to sit down and rest. They were talking about putting in some benches along that path, but they still did not have them the last time we were there.

The paths in both directions give beautiful, tranquil scenic views, and good chance of seeing wildlife right from the shore. Sometimes you get lucky and even see humpbacks up close to the ship there, so be sure to look for them.

For OP with limited walking ability, the trail along the shore that goes to the right as you face the water (i.e., to the left as you face the land) would be great because there are benches where you can sit down and rest all along the path.

There are also picnic tables in the campfire area. It is interesting to sit there and chat with the locals who maintain the fire while looking out at the water.

When they first opened Icy Strait Point as a cruise port, they used to welcome each cruise passenger with a wooden chip to toss into the campfire and make a wish, but they were no longer doing that the last time we were there.

The longer path along the water in the opposite direction, towards the town of Hoonah, did not have any places to sit down and rest. They were talking about putting in some benches along that path, but they still did not have them the last time we were there.

The paths in both directions give beautiful, tranquil scenic views, and good chance of seeing wildlife right from the shore. Sometimes you get lucky and even see humpbacks up close to the ship there, so be sure to look for them.

I still have mine from years ago -- in a scrap book.

Archived