NCL Jewel mini suite location

bttravel

Will be finalizing my cabin choice on Monday. What location would be better..11610 or 11626? One appears to be under the galley and the other under Mama's Kitchen or the Great Outdoors. Does it even matter? Also. are there any perks that come with a mini suite?

Will be finalizing my cabin choice on Monday. What location would be better..11610 or 11626? One appears to be under the galley and the other under Mama's Kitchen or the Great Outdoors. Does it even matter? Also. are there any perks that come with a mini suite?

Not having stayed in either of those locations to know for sure, but I would think there would be more activity under the galley.

Mini suites are not full suites and come with no perks, sorry. Your room will be larger than a regular balcony room, you'll have a curtain to separate your bed from your sofa. Your closet will be bigger. There will be a smallish tub in your bathroom, which will also be larger.

I have been in 11626 on the Pearl, sister ship to the Jewel. It was directly under La Cucina restaurant. There was no noise issue ever so you would probably be fine in 11626 on the Jewel.

I have been in 11626 on the Pearl, sister ship to the Jewel. It was directly under La Cucina restaurant. There was no noise issue ever so you would probably be fine in 11626 on the Jewel.

I agree that should be the better choice. The Italian restaurant gets overflow seating from the Great Outdoors some during morning and lunch, but otherwise it is one of the less used restaurant areas. Mini suites also do have a full size couch and a slightly larger balcony than do the standard balcony rooms. When the price difference isn't great, I like minis.

Thank you all for your response. It makes me more confedent in my choice. I've never been on NCL and since the rooms are small compared to other ships, springing the little bit extra for a mini makes sense.

Thank you all for your response. It makes me more confedent in my choice. I've never been on NCL and since the rooms are small compared to other ships, springing the little bit extra for a mini makes sense.

Will be on the Jewel in a few weeks. Have been on her sister ship the Pearl three times and have the Pearl booked again in Sept. They are very nice, comfortable ships, just the right size for us, with wonderful crew/staff. Those ships have a very nice buffet layout and also have the Great Outdoors eating area and grill. I love that for breakfast. Both ships still have the forward observation lounge, the Spinaker Lounge. A very nice area. Hope you like NCL as well as I do. You will be nicely located for food. Up one deck for the buffet or Great Outdoors, or the first elevator bank out your room down to the bigger MDR.

We had a mini suite under the buffet one time and were slightly concerned about the possible noise. There was none.

No perks with your mini, as in no suite perks. I wish they would rename it so it's not confusing about whether it is a suite or not. We've stayed in minis and enjoyed them, so I would have no hesitation booking another. (Which we have.) But it's just not the same as having all the suite perks.

We love NCL for their freestyle and for their service, among many other things. I look forward to reading your review when you get back and telling us all about it!:)

Archived