All the Wonderful New Eats and Things with 2.0 But.....

Mskala

Pride isn't scheduled for 2.0 until it's dry dock in 2013.

Sorry. :(

Yes, I know. But surely, there's SOMETHING that can be implemented now like thePunchliner Brunch. I wouldn't imagine there would need to be any remodeling for that.

The 2.0 so called upgrades are not as exciting as you think they will be;)

I guess if you like to eat and drink, they are great. Otherwise, they really didn't affect our cruise in any fantastic way - except Serenity. THAT was nice!:)

Pride does have the Serenity deck, so that's at least one of the 2.0 upgrades that's been implemented early. As others have said, the rest have to wait for dry dock. However, you can still get burgers, sushi, etc on board, the eating areas just won't be branded like they are on the newer ships. I was a little bummer that the ship I picked wasn't upgraded, but I've been looking at people's pics and getting excited!

The 2.0 so called upgrades are not as exciting as you think they will be;)

if you need to fulfill your 2.0 cravings now, just visit your local taco bell or five guys.

Well on the Liberty, they are adult oriented, except the gummy bear store, a real treat for the kids now that schools have eliminated candy from vending machines and are putting the kabosh on bake sales and cupcakes for birthday parties in the classrooms. But there are also 3 new/renovated bars in addition to the two eateries. Guys Burgers are in the trend of the Smashburger fad which can or cannot be to your liking. Blue Iguana's chicken and pork tacos and the salsa bar are very good. Fish tacos not so much (Fish N Chips selections are much better). Burritos are more in line with Moe's than TB. Breakfast burritos are fantastic, IMO. Huevos rancheros can be good if the underlying tortilla hasn't been out too long; fresh eggs, too.

Red Frog Pub and Blue Iguana bars have more tap selections and beer selections than under non- 2.0 ships. Pretty decent mixed rum and tequila drinks too. But the real winner in 2.0 is the Alchemy Bar! At least on the Liberty it was made so by the two bartender/mixologists, who were speficially chosen for the bar and who concocted the various cocktails they have. Definitely worth a visit!

BTW, Punchliners Brunch is only on the Miracle,not part of the Liberty's 2.0.

Archived