Getting to Portsmouth

• 3 months later...

We sailed from Portsmouth on Boudicca last December for the Xmas cruise. Found a parking place from these people:

http://www.parkatmyhouse.com/uk/

Worked well and a lot cheaper than other options. The man I used also gave me a lift back to the port after I parked at his block of flats. The parking place was in a private block of flats and he provided a permit.

To be fair, the embarkation was very disappointing, long queues and limited check in desks. They were sifting out the Oceans Gold members, so maybe they had a better experience.

Also, when we returned, the Captain had to make a late decision to dock at Southampton because the weather was so bad - very high winds - they couldn't unload the luggage safely at Portsmouth. To be fair, the transfer back to Portsmouth that FO arranged foc went well though.:)

wft

• 2 weeks later...

We have also sailed with Fred from Portsmouth and used parkatmyhouse.com. The place where we parked was at a local theatre and it had security gates, which was good.

We took a taxi to the terminal which only cost us £5. I have to agree that the Portsmouth check in doesn't seem very organised. I think it is possibly because they use the ferry terminal.

• 1 month later...

Archived