Ruby Vista Suite ??

Suzy Q

Just off the Emerald, now looking at the Ruby stateroom VS D736 (loved this stateroom) Med route for 2013. This trip will include granddaughter and maybe daughter. Questions:

1. The sofa folds out to what, a twin or a double? Not pertinent on the Emerald for us.

2. Is there a fold down berth over the sofa?

3. I had read on another thread that, in the Family Suite, the third and fourth occupants pay full fares. Is this true of the VS suites as well? How about other suites?

4. If third and fourth pay full fare, would we be better to get the BB next to the VS instead for the girls? (36 & 16)

Thanks, in advance.

I just got off of the Ruby on Sunday and had the exact cabin you are asking about. I was sailing solo and had booked an AD minisuite but was upgraded to this cabin. It was wonderful, and a treat I never expected especially when sailing by myself. To answer your question about sleeping arrangements for a 3rd and 4th, the couch opens to a single bed. It is a 3 cushion couch but the bed is only under 2 of the 3 cushions. The 4th person would sleep on a bunk that drops from the ceiling over the couch. When the bunk is up you don't even notice it is there unless you look for it. Breakfast at Sabatini's is fantastic, though keep in mind that if you book a second stateroom for the 3rd and 4th persons in your party they would not be able to eat there unless they are in a full suite as well. I believe that the 3rd and 4th would pay half the full rate, but I'm not absolutely sure of that.

Archived