Milan to Lake Como one day and Lake Maggiore another day by train

stipmom

For Milan, just put in "tutte le stazioni" and the system will show all Milan stations. I put in a test and it showed the train stopping at three Milan stations: Milano Nord Cadorna, Milano Nord Domodossola, and Milano Nord Bovisa.

For Como I also used "tutte le stazioni" and it showed three stations: Como Nord Camerlata, Como Nord Borghi, and Como Nord Lago. The last one is closest to the lake (about a block away).

Maggiore is much larger and better served by trains, so you need to pick a town you want to visit.

There are 2 primary and several smaller stations in Milan. Milan Stazione Centrale, Porta Garibaldi as primary and Milano Cadorna, Milano Lambrate amongst others, as wll as many stops within the city that you can get on or off the train.

http://ciaomilano.it/e/transport/railway.asp

http://www.milanotour.eu/arriving-and-moving-in-milan/railway-stations-of-milan/

The links provides some information but, you need to know where, on which lake you would like to go. For instance, I used to do business in the Milan area and always stayed in Arona on Lago Maggiore. I could take the train from Arona and arrive at Milano Centrale and then take the train back to Arona from Milano Cadorna.

There are lots of villages along the lake and the trains do not go to all of them or, there may be two types of trains to get there (get on in Milan and transfer elsewhere).

I highly recommend Arona and Stresa on Maggiore as the day trip. You can take the city bus between the two (2 euros for the 25 minute ride).

Archived