Rome Colosseum free for EU pensioners

t60

Hi, Can anyone help please. We are due to visit the Colosseum and have been asked to pre-purchase our entry tickets to avoid the queues. We are both EU citizens and my husband is over 65 and so is entitled to visit for free.

Can anyone advise on how to get hiis free ticket please, as advance ticket site only seems to deal with paid for tickets.

Thanks

Sandy

Hi, Can anyone help please. We are due to visit the Colosseum and have been asked to pre-purchase our entry tickets to avoid the queues. We are both EU citizens and my husband is over 65 and so is entitled to visit for free.

Can anyone advise on how to get hiis free ticket please, as advance ticket site only seems to deal with paid for tickets.

Thanks

Sandy

I think people on Trip Advisor Rome Forum are more likely to be able to answer this question with the most up to date information.

What website are you using to book? Using the "official" webpage, you can easily choose the "free" option, but it still will cost you €1,5 for a free ticket.

http://www.ticketclic.it/Gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

i tried that, but even tho I chose discount C ticket the site still wanted to charge full price. I wrote to the website querying this yesterday and have not received a reply, hence my question

Sandy

i tried that, but even tho I chose discount C ticket the site still wanted to charge full price. I wrote to the website querying this yesterday and have not received a reply, hence my question

Sandy

I tried a dummy booking and had no problem. I don't know why it isn't working for you.

It does say this:

Owners of Print@Home and iPhone tickets can purchase their reduced and free tickets at the group ticket booth at the Colosseum without any queue

Perhaps you should purchase your ticket, and then purchase the free ticket when you get there.

I tried a dummy booking and had no problem. I don't know why it isn't working for you.

It does say this:

Owners of Print@Home and iPhone tickets can purchase their reduced and free tickets at the group ticket booth at the Colosseum without any queue

Perhaps you should purchase your ticket, and then purchase the free ticket when you get there.

I think that´s what I´ll have to do, just didn´t want to hold our group up.

Sandy in Spain

Archived