Payment of tours & in-stateroom items

Tina0922

How does Disney handle this? With other cruise lines, you give your credit card as you book these items. I booked some tours 2 weeks ago and don't see it on my Visa card statement(used same one to book cruise). I know I have it reserved due to it showing on my reservation & I printed it out as well.... Does Disney 'hold' these charges to you board and then add it to your onboard account? Trying to spread out things I want to purchase so I don't have one big bill at the end! Thanks.

Tina

How does Disney handle this? With other cruise lines, you give your credit card as you book these items. I booked some tours 2 weeks ago and don't see it on my Visa card statement(used same one to book cruise). I know I have it reserved due to it showing on my reservation & I printed it out as well.... Does Disney 'hold' these charges to you board and then add it to your onboard account? Trying to spread out things I want to purchase so I don't have one big bill at the end! Thanks.

Tina

When you book your excursions on DCL, it isn't charged to your CC. You have up until 3 days before your cruise starts to cancel any excursion/dining ressies with no penalty.

The excursions and such are actually added to your onboard account on the day they occur. So the charge doesn't actually appear on your CC until your account reached $500 (or $300, I can't remember:rolleyes:). DCL charges everyones payments on their onboard account everytime it reaches the magic number.

:)

So basically everything I am trying to spread out in purchasing won't matter since it all goes on the on board account? So at the end os the trip it will be one charge? Thanks

So basically everything I am trying to spread out in purchasing won't matter since it all goes on the on board account? So at the end os the trip it will be one charge? Thanks

Yes, it will all be on one bill.

If you are using a CC on your onboard account, everytime it reaches whatever the magic number is (I think it's $500), your CC will actually be charged.

But you receive a final bill with all charges and payments at the end of the cruise.

If you wish to pay ahead on some of it, I believe you can pay for credit into your onboard account by calling DCL and asking how to do this. Or buy Disney gift cards at various times and then apply them to your onboard account as soon as you board. That way you will have a credit already in your onboard account before DCL starts putting charges in there.

:)

Archived