Dream vs Legend - Help me pick!!!

I am price watching for our last minute cruise in June, and thought I had settled on the Dream. But Legend's balcony prices have come down to be pretty comparable to the Dream - and I cannot decide what ship will be better for my family! The itineraries are almost the same, with just one port difference (see below). It is just me and DH, early 30's and our DD who is 5.

Pros for Dream (and these are all big pros for us)

- Waterworks

- Thallostherapy pool and other Cloud 9 spa stuff - was definitely planning on getting a week pass for both DH and I

- Better shows/entertainment

- Leaves from Port Canaveral (we will be at Disney prior to the cruise)

Pros for Legend

- Gets higher member review ratings on cruise critic (85% loved it vs 75% loved it for the Dream)

- Leaves on Sunday vs Saturday for the Dream - and Saturday is our last day at Disney World. So in essence, picking Legend gives us an extra day of vacation.

- Goes to Grand Cayman rather than Costa Maya. Nothing against Costa Maya, but I'd love to go to Grand Cayman and do stingrays and a beautiful beach. The other ports are the same for both itineraries.

So what do you guys think? I am just sooo indecisive and my husband is no help either!

I know its a tough choice as we had the same dilemma and were trying to decide on the Dream out of Port Canaveral or the Legend out of Tampa. Pretty much like you stated the Dream is a larger and newer ship but the Legend actually seems to have better reviews. The itineraries were pretty much the same except the Legend went to Grand Cayman and the Dream went to Costa Maya, our preference was Grand Cayman as I always wanted to do the Stingray City excursion. Finally, the Legend was actually a little less money. In the end we chose the Legend.

I am price watching for our last minute cruise in June, and thought I had settled on the Dream. But Legend's balcony prices have come down to be pretty comparable to the Dream - and I cannot decide what ship will be better for my family! The itineraries are almost the same, with just one port difference (see below). It is just me and DH, early 30's and our DD who is 5.

Pros for Dream (and these are all big pros for us)

- Waterworks

- Thallostherapy pool and other Cloud 9 spa stuff - was definitely planning on getting a week pass for both DH and I

- Better shows/entertainment

- Leaves from Port Canaveral (we will be at Disney prior to the cruise)

Pros for Legend

- Gets higher member review ratings on cruise critic (85% loved it vs 75% loved it for the Dream)

- Leaves on Sunday vs Saturday for the Dream - and Saturday is our last day at Disney World. So in essence, picking Legend gives us an extra day of vacation.

- Goes to Grand Cayman rather than Costa Maya. Nothing against Costa Maya, but I'd love to go to Grand Cayman and do stingrays and a beautiful beach. The other ports are the same for both itineraries.

So what do you guys think? I am just sooo indecisive and my husband is no help either!

Both sound wonderful, but the Legend seems to work better for your schedule. The Legend is a great ship. (have not been on the Pride yet though).

We've sailed both and while every cruise is a great cruise, we enjoyed the Dream much better. The shows and general morale of the crew were better on the Dream as was the food. Just my opinion though. I think you'd be happy with either- and swimming with the stingrays in Grand Caymen was a blast.

Going on the Legend for the second time this year. Love this class of ship. Cayman is way better than Costa Maya.

The Sunday departure suits your schedule better and the trip from Orlando to Tampa can be done in less than an hour and is a much better drive and not as much traffic.

I'm going to be sailing Legend for the fourth time in September. We sailed Dream last year. I found it to be awfully crowded in the buffet morning and lunch, no matter what time we went. Sailing under the Sunshine Skyway bridge is a fantastic sight! And you would love the sting ray excursions in Grand Cayman!

Never been on the Legend. Been on the Dream once and going again this Spet. LOVE it! I also just love Costa Maya, one of our favorite beach relaxation ports.

Oh, where do you go to the beach on Costa Maya? Would love to hear details!

Going on the Legend for the second time this year. Love this class of ship. Cayman is way better than Costa Maya.

The Sunday departure suits your schedule better and the trip from Orlando to Tampa can be done in less than an hour and is a much better drive and not as much traffic.

I didn't realize Tampa was *that* close to Orlando. This is great feedback, but it is not making my decision any easier, lol!

There are so many positives for either trip.

I'm going to be sailing Legend for the fourth time in September. We sailed Dream last year. I found it to be awfully crowded in the buffet morning and lunch, no matter what time we went. Sailing under the Sunshine Skyway bridge is a fantastic sight! And you would love the sting ray excursions in Grand Cayman!

Thanks for your input! How would you compare the evening entertainment options on Dream vs Legend?

My daughter has been on both and preferred Legend.

From everything you wrote, I would say Legend EXCEPT that you said the Pros for Dream are big pros for y'all. So for you I would choose Dream. :-)

Well after thinking about it during my morning run, I think the pros for Dream are big enough that they outweigh all of the great factors for Legend. I think I better pull the trigger and book it before I change my mind again!!

Well after thinking about it during my morning run, I think the pros for Dream are big enough that they outweigh all of the great factors for Legend. I think I better pull the trigger and book it before I change my mind again!!

I think you made a good choice. I sailed on both ships, and the Dream is still my #1 favorite to date.

I didn't realize Tampa was *that* close to Orlando. .

How close is close? 2-1/2 hours?

I would take the Legend. The dream will be too big for us. (plus it has those nasty dead ends/

Legend is more compact.

and has 3 most sought after balcony cabins.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

How close is close? 2-1/2 hours?

I would take the Legend. The dream will be too big for us. (plus it has those nasty dead ends/

Legend is more compact.

and has 3 most sought after balcony cabins.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

Tampa is an hour or less from Orlando. I have driven it several times. In fact, I often fly into Tampa instead of Orlando when I go to Disney just because it is cheaper and a very easy airport to get in and out of.

I still like Legend. Nice intimate ship and very easy to get around on. You can walk from one end to the other on any deck. Also most of the inside public areas are all located on decks 2 and 3 (Promanade and Atlantic).

Archived