What Ship Tour Should I Choose? Docking in Toulon...

Wonders10

We have all of our days planned except Provence! We dock in Toulon and haven't really read about any private tour companies that interest us. We are on the Celebrity Solstice and would love recommendations from past cruisers on what you have done and enjoyed. As a point of reference, the simple 5-hour Aix-en-Provence walking tour sounds great to me. We will be exhausted by this point as it is our last day, but I have to see some of France.

Thanks!

We are planning on the simple 5 hour Aix tour.

We did that and it worked out well. We docked a little outside Toulon and the travel arrangements for a DIY day looked a bit time consuming and expensive compared to the ship tour. We went on a Sunday so did not see everything, but felt we had had a good introduction to Aix which is an attractive town. There was a nice market and shops selling some 'non-tacky' souvenirs. I bought a couple of pictures to go on a new wall in my recently renovated home. I enjoy looking at them.

We have all of our days planned except Provence! We dock in Toulon and haven't really read about any private tour companies that interest us. We are on the Celebrity Solstice and would love recommendations from past cruisers on what you have done and enjoyed. As a point of reference, the simple 5-hour Aix-en-Provence walking tour sounds great to me. We will be exhausted by this point as it is our last day, but I have to see some of France.

Thanks!

We just did a ship's tour (Celebrity Equinox)to Aix-very enjoyable with walking tour and then time on our own at the market. I highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to be on Celebrity Solstice in December and are also trying to find a tour for this port.

Would love to hear more from those who have been there, what is not to be missed?

Diane

OP here...my family and I decided on the Aix-en-Provence excursion, which is basically a walking tour of the town and then some free time on your own. I think it will be fine for us. We'll get to see something but still have some time left in the afternoon to relax on our last day of vacation!

Archived