FLL to POM day of cruise - pay for cruise ship transport?

lea

I know most try to fly in a day early, but for various reasons we are flying in the day of, it is a non stop 2 hour flight that is due in FLL at 12:15.

We have used SAS before to get to POM and were pleased with them but had more time.

Should I spend twice as much and get a Carnival transport ( we are cruising with them) - would that be an insurance factor in case our plane came in late or does it not make any difference?

Thanks .:)

I agree -- flying in the day of your cruise :eek: I would spring for the cruise transfers which should offer some (but not much :() insurance against delays. If you miss the cruiseline transfer bus due to flight delays your best option is to jump into a cab and be ready to eat the $85-100 fare! :mad:

Good luck! :)

Before we knew any better, we did this. We always fly in the day of our cruise. Let me tell you, on our 2nd cruise.. we would have missed the ship had it not been for cruised sponsored shuttle service. We were grounded in Ft Myer due to a storm and the shuttle waited for us, by the time we checked it and made it up to the bar (first stop!) we were already sailing away.

Before we knew any better, we did this. We always fly in the day of our cruise. Let me tell you, on our 2nd cruise.. we would have missed the ship had it not been for cruised sponsored shuttle service. We were grounded in Ft Myer due to a storm and the shuttle waited for us, by the time we checked it and made it up to the bar (first stop!) we were already sailing away.

I seriously would have needed meds!!! We flew in the day of a cruise once from Portland, Oregon to Long Beach California (2 hour flight). Luckily it went fine BUT had there been even one flight delay, it would have been another story :eek:.

Too many what if's, that are out of my control, for me to ever do that again.

I seriously would have needed meds!!! We flew in the day of a cruise once from Portland, Oregon to Long Beach California (2 hour flight). Luckily it went fine BUT had there been even one flight delay, it would have been another story :eek:.

Too many what if's, that are out of my control, for me to ever do that again.

I pretty much started a revolution on the plane.. luckily we had a great TA and we were calling him, he was calling CCL, we were calling CCL and so were all the other cruise passengers! I even had the flight attendants giving us free drinks, lol. We straight up home alone-d it through the airport, with plans for one person to hail a cab while the other got the luggage (they actually suggested we abandon our luggage and have it shipped to the next POC! we even met people on the shuttle who did this, poor folks.. the gift shop was CLEANED OUT this cruise. ) when we had heard an announcement saying that the shuttle was waiting, it was sweet relief!

Archived