Fire and Ice still on Jewel?

PatJim

We loved their shows when we sailed the Dawn from New York. Searched the MB and found out they were on the Jewel through 2011. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1453048

Does anyone know is they are on another NCL ship this year? Hoping to enjoy seeing them again; they might be THE reason to pick a particular ship.

BTW, their CD lists a Barbados web site, http://www.fireandice@sunbeach.net, but my firewall warns me about going on it.

Can't say I know where or if Fire and Ice are on an NCL ship right now but I can say they were the best act we have seen on a cruise to date. We saw them on the Jewel and they were getting off with us (early Dec 2011).

I too would love to know if they are somewhere. They are definitely must see.

No Fire and Ice on NCL now I guess. Hope they return.

Hurry and book the Jewel. They'll be returning next voyage in LA and staying on till Dec.

Bet a lot of people will be booking Moderno to get a great seat for their Motown show.:D

Hurry and book the Jewel. They'll be returning next voyage in LA and staying on till Dec.

Bet a lot of people will be booking Moderno to get a great seat for their Motown show.:D

Can you please explain what Fire and Ice is? I'll be on the Jewel in October.

Can you please explain what Fire and Ice is? I'll be on the Jewel in October.

They are an entertainment duo from Barbados. Max plays keyboard and Rosie is the singer. Not only does she do an incredible do-not-miss Tina Turner show one night but a Michael Jackson tribute another. Usually these are after all the other shows & is up in Spinnaker lounge.

They also do a Motown show. It's done in musical history form so you learn something about the evolution of the music as well as listen to a great performance. We've seen it in the atrium and it was absolutely packed. If you book the new Moderno (Brazilian churrascaria) specialty restaurant on the Jewel (ask for a rail seat) you'll have the best seats in the house! Other nights they sing in one of the lounges and do a wide variety of music.

If you do see them, come back & let us know what you think!:D

Fire and Ice are awesome! Good to know their schedule. One could also pick the Blue Lagoon on the other side. Also, there is lots of comfortable seating in the atrium below when they sing there. Sometimes Rosie asks for back up dancers to Tina Turner's "rolling on the river." Fun, fun fun if you join in too. The energy she excudes in her performances makes one also want to put on 4 inch heels and dance around forever just to get similar looking legs as hers!

coka

Fire and Ice is the best musical act I've seen on any cruise ship.

Agree 100%, when we saw them several times on the Jewel in early Dec. 2011 we wondered how we had never heard or read of them here on CC.

Thanks so much for letting us know where to find Fire and Ice. Hope they are enjoying the West Coast. If anyone sees them on the Jewel, please ask them about their 2013 schedule. We have their CD, and I play it all the time. Best are 'Suavemente,' 'Midnight Train,' and 'I Will Survive.' Heck, all the songs are great.

• 5 months later...
Thanks so much for letting us know where to find Fire and Ice. Hope they are enjoying the West Coast. If anyone sees them on the Jewel, please ask them about their 2013 schedule. We have their CD, and I play it all the time. Best are 'Suavemente,' 'Midnight Train,' and 'I Will Survive.' Heck, all the songs are great.

Eh ! Just came back from a cruise on NCL on the Jewel (Bahamas) and I discovered Fire and Ice (with Rosie Hunter). They are absolutely amazing. Rosie is a true inspiration. I but their DVD. If you go on the NCL and especially the Jewell, don't miss them.

Eh ! Just came back from a cruise on NCL on the Jewel (Bahamas) and I discovered Fire and Ice (with Rosie Hunter). They are absolutely amazing. Rosie is a true inspiration. I but their DVD. If you go on the NCL and especially the Jewell, don't miss them.

By the way, do you know if they have a Website, a FB page or something like that. On their DVD, I only have an email address.

• 1 year later...

Fire and ice boarded the breakaway in florida on my sailing april 27th. Was so glad to see them back. They left the ba when i was on her in dec 2013 and only got the chance to see them twice.

I spoke to rosie (the female of f&i) and she informed me they would be on the ba at least 6 mos.

So hope everyone gets a chance to see the show, they are great, she really puts on a good show. The last night they had their show in the ba theater and it was packed.

My daughter and i saw her show everyday.

Enjoy!!!!!!