My pax category is sold out already :(

My friend had a 9C and said that, and one opened up with 8 days to go .. someone must have upgraded??

Categories come and go .. though some sell out faster than others and less chance, .. there is always a chance for a price drop.

Same here! I was really surprised to see our entire balcony category disappear when it's still so far away. We have our girls across the hall and their interior category is still alive so I'll still be checking, but their rate has already gone up as well. I guess spring break will do that to you...

At the end of the day I'll just be glad we booked when we did! :) If we'd had to get a higher category balcony then that would likely have bumped up their interior as well.

Yeah, I'll keep checking because I'm a freak like that :)

I guess it's to be expected when there are so few of some cabin categories that accommodate 3.

Actually, there are a LOT of cabins which will accommodate three passengers, so don't give up yet. As the cruise gets closer, Carnival may choose to upsell customers in your category of cabin to something better. Once that happens, there will be openings in your category. They might drop the price on them to try to sell them before they attempt to upsell lower-level passengers into your category.

I, on the other hand, booked my next cruise KNOWING that I would almost certainly not get a price drop. I wanted to cruise on the Dream and there are almost no cabins which will accommodate 5 passengers. When I booked less than a month ago, there were 8 cabins to choose from. As I suspected, the other rooms sold quickly and now there is just one left (with 4.5 months until cruise date). There's nowhere to "upsell" anybody in the other rooms to, so we likely won't see a price drop unless there's a last minute cancellation by somebody. And my cabin is current selling for $600 more than I paid, so it's unlikely it'll drop low enough anyway.

My 9C catagory is still there, thank goodness, because I got a price drop a few weeks ago. There's 1 cabin left, I'm hoping no one reserves it! :p

On the flip side, my kids' 8A catagory has been sold out, almost a year before the cruise. I could upgrade for a lower price, but the 8A is next to us and they would end up upgrading somewhere else on the ship. I've been hoping someone would upgrade their own 8A to make one available, and maybe see a price drop, but no one is budging from those 8A's!!!

Well, we booked a vista suite on the Miracle and would not upgrade to anything even if it was free. Unfortunately, there are only 3 Vistas that accommodate 3. Really, I'm just happy we got one but a drop would be nice ;)

Archived