Boarding Process in Southampton

It would help a bit if you said which of the four terminals you will be at. I've used Ocean Terminal and Mayflower Terminal and they were different in the way you booked in.

At both terminals though we were given a card with a letter of the alphabet on it on arrival and we sat and waited until our letter was called. We've usually had to wait one to one and a half hours.

People who are frequent users of their cruiseline or who have paid for a suite get priority boarding.

I've used Ocean terminal a few times, and not had to wait too long. Typically we arrive around 11:30 for a P&O cruise. As Ray66 said, as we entered we were given a 'letter card', and at noon they started calling the letters. Typically, our letter was called between 12:20 and 12:30; we checked in - handed in the health declaration, had our cruise card pictures taken, had our credit card swiped and got our cruise card. That all took ten minutes from being called, including a few minutes queuing. Then we went through security; another five minutes or so. Then onto the sky walk up to the ship - for some reason there's always a queue here, so maybe five minutes. But by about 12:45 we're usually walking onto the ship. Then it's straight to the buffet for some lunch.

We will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess out of Southampton in August. I have heard that they will be doing staggered boarding. Has anyone experienced this? Does this mean that Platinum,Elite, and suite passengers will no longer have priority boarding?

We will be sailing on the Caribbean Princess out of Southampton in August. I have heard that they will be doing staggered boarding. Has anyone experienced this? Does this mean that Platinum,Elite, and suite passengers will no longer have priority boarding?

Check out the Princess website there's a big thread on the subject. We're on the July 1st sailing.

Yes they are doing staggered boarding :mad:. We are sailing out on June 7th. You are assigned a boarding time. They say if you arrive early you will be asked to leave and come back at your assigned time. What great customer service :rolleyes:.

Yes they are doing staggered boarding :mad:. We are sailing out on June 7th. You are assigned a boarding time. They say if you arrive early you will be asked to leave and come back at your assigned time. What great customer service :rolleyes:.

You are going before us, please let me know how it was. We leave on July 1. We have an assigned time also and are planning to get to the terminal close to the assigned boarding time as I hate to have to wait around outside. This should be very interesting to say the least, and most likely our last cruise with Princess.

Caribbean Princess has a mix of terminals during July, here's the link

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

If your sailing is on 9th July, I've no idea where "Guernsey" terminal is.

I think mebbe its a website mistake by some youngster on his first day at work.

Or mebbe boarding involves a 100 mile swim :D

If you've no choice but to arrive in Southampton way way ahead of your boarding time, there should be no problem in dropping your luggage at the ship from around 11am, mebbe earlier, & heading out of the docks to the nearby city shops, pubs, cafes & sights.

Check out my post on

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1635810

JB :)

You are going before us, please let me know how it was. We leave on July 1. We have an assigned time also and are planning to get to the terminal close to the assigned boarding time as I hate to have to wait around outside. This should be very interesting to say the least, and most likely our last cruise with Princess.

This is a hugely unpopular move by Princess. Not sure what they are thinking.

Archived