If you are signed up to receive NCL emails, do you get notice regarding all?

cacj

We are Latitudes and also have signed up to receive NCL emails. Yet, we do not get promotional info in any timely or consistent way.

I don't get to surf around every day, but I do check emails quickly every day.

It is kind of discouraging, when I do get time to surf NCL to discover there is a Dashsale just about to end, or special promos with OBC's and such.

Yet NCL never sent us a promo email about this. (And yes, I have checked all my spam settings, and have gotten other emails in the past, but I think that too many promos seem to go unannounced in my email bag.)

Do any of you get emails letting you know about new promos?

Side Note: Also, we do not belong to Facebook...don't like it, won't ever join....but why do companies insist on using this media site as its primary communication tool. Especially if you are signed up to receive promo emails, why does a company want to "encourage" (read that as "force") you to join Facebook just to get updated info. Many of our friends won't join Facebook either....so I guess we are just out of luck in being recognized as still valuable consumers in spite of our preference to stay out of the Facebook herd.

I never get e-mails and have "re-signed" up several times. My DH doesn't get any either and we both have made a point of adding the various NCL e-mail addresses to our e-mail accounts and there's nothing in our SPAM folders.

If there's a trick to getting on their mailing list, I sure haven't found it yet.

I never get e-mails and have "re-signed" up several times. My DH doesn't get any either and we both have made a point of adding the various NCL e-mail addresses to our e-mail accounts and there's nothing in our SPAM folders.

If there's a trick to getting on their mailing list, I sure haven't found it yet.

This is our exact situation.

When I log into "My NCL" my email address is in there, so NCL does have it. This issue has come up a couple times and of those responding it seemed about only 50% get the emails.

you don't have to even be a member of Facebook to look at NCL's facebook page (unless you want to comment). So maybe bookmark their particular page and visit it - don't think of it as being a part of Facebook, but just another page you can check out for NCL.

http://www.facebook.com/norwegiancruiseline

and unfortunately for you, facebook is the way to go for marketing now.

you don't have to even be a member of Facebook to look at NCL's facebook page (unless you want to comment). So maybe bookmark their particular page and visit it - don't think of it as being a part of Facebook, but just another page you can check out for NCL.

http://www.facebook.com/norwegiancruiseline

and unfortunately for you, facebook is the way to go for marketing now.

Also, just because you create a FB account doesn't mean you have to fill everything out. Just use it to get to NCL's website.

I wonder if it is possible that some of the big email providers/ISPs are filtering some or all of NCLs emails as spam? I run my own personal email server and get a bunch of emails from NCL without any issues.

I wonder if it is a cruise line thing because I have the same issue with NCL, RCCL and Celeb. Want to get promotional emails and get virtually nothing from any of them.

I'm swamped with e-mails from the other lines - but nothing with NCL. Did try to put in another e-mail address and still nothing (tried that to get the photo book coupon thing).

I get e-mail regarding specials, promotions, surveys. Don't know if we get all of it, but we get some.

cacj, I feel the same way about businesses using the site rather than their own. At least NCL doesn't seem to neglect their own website for the other one. Many of the businesses websites I visit seem to have given up on themselves and direct people to the f b site. Doesn't make sense to me. When I have a question, comment, or want to see on-topic information about a company, their goods or services, I need the business to be home, so to speak, not always out partying.

I get promotional emails randomly. I didn't get the Dash one but got one in early April about free balcony upgrades being extended. I don't get why I get some and not others. I look at the site a few times a week because I don't rely on the emails.

I'm swamped with e-mails from the other lines - but nothing with NCL. Did try to put in another e-mail address and still nothing (tried that to get the photo book coupon thing).

Once again our experience - we get regular emails from the other lines ALL the time almost ad- naseum.

We purchased a Future Cruise Certificate on our 2010 cruise and recieved many emails and also phone calls, until we booked our next cruise, then the communication stopped.

I signed up again with a different email, unfortunately mentioned during one such phone call that I have a cruise booked, and all calls and emails stopped again.

I guess they think if you have a cruise booked, then you're not interested in booking another, don't know why though, cos many people seem to have more than one future cruise booked :confused:

I guess they think if you have a cruise booked, then you're not interested in booking another, don't know why though, cos many people seem to have more than one future cruise booked :confused:

I hadn't really thought of this....but, maybe there's some filter or something in their system on that? Weird, since I like to know (and book out) a minimum of a year in advance.

Plus, like the recent Shutterfly thing, it would have been just a nice little perk for NCL to pony up to us.

Also, just because you create a FB account doesn't mean you have to fill everything out. Just use it to get to NCL's website.

I wonder if it is possible that some of the big email providers/ISPs are filtering some or all of NCLs emails as spam? I run my own personal email server and get a bunch of emails from NCL without any issues.

I don't have the time to surf all the various marketing tools of a company, and I really really object to Facebook for many reasons...most of which have been covered largely by the news stories and some silly stuff I hear from my own family members. I mean, geez, why can't you just pick up a phone and let your family know how you are doing. Facebook to me has an evil side that I just don't even want to view by random.

I get e-mail regarding specials, promotions, surveys. Don't know if we get all of it, but we get some.

cacj, I feel the same way about businesses using the site rather than their own. At least NCL doesn't seem to neglect their own website for the other one. Many of the businesses websites I visit seem to have given up on themselves and direct people to the f b site. Doesn't make sense to me. When I have a question, comment, or want to see on-topic information about a company, their goods or services, I need the business to be home, so to speak, not always out partying.

Yes, you express this well. Why do I need to go to a middleman to hear about a company, interact with a company or do business? Facebook interferes as far as I am concerned. (Side note, not to start a flame going, but I am sure some would say FB has become their one stop shop for web info....but why do I want one site to know my interests, my hobbies, my family, or my face? That seems like I am giving up the very liberty of freedom of privacy because of the internet and mass market databases. I don't even like to use a store discount card because I hate the idea that all my purchases are in one database. My individuality is being mined and, thus, destroyed via the mining, JMHO.

We purchased a Future Cruise Certificate on our 2010 cruise and recieved many emails and also phone calls, until we booked our next cruise, then the communication stopped.

I signed up again with a different email, unfortunately mentioned during one such phone call that I have a cruise booked, and all calls and emails stopped again.

I think this is an interesting observation.

We did get the shutterfly promo, which surprises me. But no updates on cruise deals or dash sales or such.

Thanks for all your feedback. Cruise critic members are the best!

We, too, only get sporadic emails from NCL although we signed up for Latitudes info and NCL info. Got the photo album offer and extended balcony upgrade notice, but nothing since. Would have loved to get the DASH promo, as we were thinking of booking a June cruise and it would have helped us decide.

Currently we are booked for 3 future cruises, so maybe NCL does use a filter. If so, they should change their policy and send promo offers and PR news to everyone, regardless of who has future bookings and who doesn't.

So...I just called NCL 866.234.7350 and spoke with Liz, a very nice guest services rep. She checked they have our correct email, etc. She doesn't know why we aren't getting emails. She signed up herself for home emails and gets them nearly every day. She put me into their system again, but warned (in a very nice way) "Be careful what you wish for," because we might start getting a LOT of NCL notices. I assured her that's fine with us. We like looking at them. I will let you know if the NCL communication increases or not.

BTW, http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressArchive.html is a list of archived press releases. We would have loved getting two recent ones, about progress on the Getaway and Breakaway.

Dear cacj,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to make sure all of our guests receive timely product and promotional updates – whether you are part of our social media communities or not. We would be happy to check your subscription status to ensure you are opted in to all of our emails. So, please email socialmedia@ncl.com with your email address and Latitudes number so that we can look into this for you.

Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations team

I always have future cruises booked with NCL, to avoid the Post Cruise Depression. I have noticed that I never receive the promotional emails, and unless I go searching for the information on their website I never know about the sales....I am not/and will never have a Facebook account.

This is the reply I got when I sent the email off to the social media department to see if they could get me on the list. Seems that since I have 12 or 13 future cruises already booked with them I won't be able to receive the promotional emails :confused:

Hello Margaret,

Our direct marketing team looked into our database and found that since you have an upcoming cruise with us you are set to receive informative emails specifically for booked guests. Once you have sailed you will begin to receive the promotional offers and you can always check our website at http://www.ncl.com, contact your Personal Cruise Consultant or Travel Agent if you’d like to stay up-to-date on our current promotions.

Thank you for being a valued guest,

Kristine

I always have future cruises booked with NCL, to avoid the Post Cruise Depression. I have noticed that I never receive the promotional emails, and unless I go searching for the information on their website I never know about the sales....I am not/and will never have a Facebook account.

This is the reply I got when I sent the email off to the social media department to see if they could get me on the list. Seems that since I have 12 or 13 future cruises already booked with them I won't be able to receive the promotional emails :confused:

Hello Margaret,

Our direct marketing team looked into our database and found that since you have an upcoming cruise with us you are set to receive informative emails specifically for booked guests. Once you have sailed you will begin to receive the promotional offers and you can always check our website at http://www.ncl.com, contact your Personal Cruise Consultant or Travel Agent if you’d like to stay up-to-date on our current promotions.

Thank you for being a valued guest,

Kristine

I don't think that makes any sense in terms of marketing. What if some other cruise line wants your next cruise business more than NCL does? How can NCL know that someone else's promotional goodies won't lure you away? Spamming you with all their blah, blah, blah would be so easy (and cheap) for NCL and apparently you wouldn't mind. Somebody at NCL is not thinking!

I don't think that makes any sense in terms of marketing. What if some other cruise line wants your next cruise business more than NCL does? How can NCL know that someone else's promotional goodies won't lure you away? Spamming you with all their blah, blah, blah would be so easy (and cheap) for NCL and apparently you wouldn't mind. Somebody at NCL is not thinking!

Must be a glitch in the system, where many of us are being left off the promotional listing just because we have cruises booked. Luckily I'm obsessed with checking the NCL website everyday or I would likely miss some of the promotions. I might have more than 12 cruises booked in the future if I received the promotions. :o

Maybe they don't want us to notice when our already booked cruises are part of a promotion? ;)

Archived