Huggins little swimmers?

stepha06

They are not allowed on most cruise lines, as pools are not chlorinated. A quick search of this forum will give you links to the various public health regulations and rationale behind the rule.

That being said, we have always seen young children wearing them, but that doesn't make it right (or safe) for the others using the pool.

While a swim diaper may "hold in" any solids, the pool water flows right through it...like a tea bag! Not sanitary at all. That's why non-pottytrained children or incontinent adults are NOT allowed in the pools.

If you have open sores or cuts, you're not allowed in, either.

Really kids are not allowed to wear these in the pools on carnival?

Sorry my first line is suppose to say huggies*

Or any other cruise line for the health of all. I have been on quite a number of different ships and I have never seen a blow up pool on the deck.

We cruised with my 10 month old in 2010 and there were quite a few diapered babies in the baby pool. My own included. I wasnt aware of this rule. I knew they couldnt go in the big pools but i figured a baby pool would be fine. Apparently not. But nobody said anything. Either way, im very excited that my 2 year old just potty trained last week and will be good and ready for the big pool come September! Just not my 1 year old. He will have to wait for the ocean.

Or any other cruise line for the health of all. I have been on quite a number of different ships and I have never seen a blow up pool on the deck.

We've used a mini inflatable pool on all of our cruises and they work great! It keeps our baby out of the main pool, and it's not like we dump it back in the pool afterward... the water goes down the drain.

Mr NW GUY, I wasn't sure from your post if you were equating a blow up pool to be a health issue on a cruise? I can't see how it would bother anyone?

We cruised with my 10 month old in 2010 and there were quite a few diapered babies in the baby pool. My own included. I wasnt aware of this rule. I knew they couldnt go in the big pools but i figured a baby pool would be fine. Apparently not. But nobody said anything. Either way, im very excited that my 2 year old just potty trained last week and will be good and ready for the big pool come September! Just not my 1 year old. He will have to wait for the ocean.

Some (few) cruise line do allow diapered babies in the baby pool. They have set schedules for this activity.

We've used a mini inflatable pool on all of our cruises and they work great! It keeps our baby out of the main pool, and it's not like we dump it back in the pool afterward... the water goes down the drain.

Mr NW GUY, I wasn't sure from your post if you were equating a blow up pool to be a health issue on a cruise? I can't see how it would bother anyone?

Hi... nope, no health issue concern with a blow up pool. But, I really have never seen a blow up pool on deck. Oh heck, why not! :-)

Hi... nope, no health issue concern with a blow up pool. But, I really have never seen a blow up pool on deck. Oh heck, why not! :-)

:) I wasn't sure if we'd upset someone - thanks for clarifying!

Here's a picture of our daughter in her little pool - we just kept it blown up and used it in the shower as a tub for her as well. We tended to sit over in the shade anyway, so we weren't hogging prime pool-side seats, but this little pool easily fit between two deck chairs and kept her amused for ages. I was able to get a few books read because of this :)

CIMG3347.jpg

It kept her cool and amused, and we just dumped the pool in the deck drain to keep the water out of the pool. It's frustrating though when you go in the pool and see lots of other people in there with babies... the staff won't enforce keeping them out, but people often aren't aware that there's any issue.

I'm busily training to train my daughter so she can go in the pool by July, but if she's not trained, no pool for her!

Yep, I used the blow up pool too. I did let my wee one walk around in the edges of the big pool and splash a little but NEVER sit down and play. We'd walk around and kick and splash for a few laps and then go about our way to something else.... SHE LOVES TO SWIM so it was really hard for her to understand why she couldn't get in the pool.

Some days it was a battle to keep her out of the big pool so we had to steer clear of the pool entirely. Blow up or not....

This year, we're working hard on potty training.... <crossing fingers> She doesn't like the ocean so much - but I know she's gonna love the beach and all that dang sand!!!!!

Archived