Picture-A-Week 2012 - Week 20

Good luck on shooting the eclipse. I am looking forward to seeing your photos.

I have been playing inside. I wanted to replicate the sort of classic image of something dropped in a glass or tank with the bubbles and splash all around it. It was harder than I thought. I never got the exact timing, and I certainly didn’t count on the size of the splash messing up my paper background. (Hence, a lot of healing brush use in Photoshop.) I will try it again with a deeper glass, better timing and a background that is farther away.

original.jpg

Larry

I have been playing inside. I never got the exact timing, and I certainly didn’t count on the size of the splash messing up my paper background.

Larry

Looked pretty good to me!

I have been playing inside. I wanted to replicate the sort of classic image of something dropped in a glass or tank with the bubbles and splash all around it. It was harder than I thought. I never got the exact timing, and I certainly didn’t count on the size of the splash messing up my paper background. (Hence, a lot of healing brush use in Photoshop.) I will try it again with a deeper glass, better timing and a background that is farther away.

original.jpg

Larry

Love this!

Beautiful. What bird is it?

I'm not Boeckli but I can answer - I had asked a while ago. It's a Noisy Miner (apparently related to the Mynah family). The description in the bird site was right on as far as personality - bold and curious.

I was able to feed the one that came down to visit our table during lunch at the zoo in Sydney. Took bread crumbs out of my hand.

DSC02506.jpg

Got a few shots of our new babies - barn swallows have a nest on top of the porch light in our entry. They may make a bit of a mess but we don't have any mosquitoes. :D

Nice!

Photographing the eclipse was nothing like I thought it would be. The light was very fuzzy here and gave some interesting effects. The lens must have made the reflection so I could actually get the eclipse while the sun looked mostly unchanged.

067ad.jpg

Archived