is going on a cruise boring to you at some point>

netgear2020

never!! and so far every { a wopping 3 :( } cruise i have taken has never been w/ the same friends so its always a differente xperience based on what we enjoy doing together. cant wait to see the things i do in Aug on Destiny!

Much depends on the individual. For example, we just completed a 62 day cruise that had over 20 days at sea (and 31 ports in 13 countries) and we would have been happy to stay aboard for another 62 days. And this was on a small ship (Prinsendam) that has very few amenities when compared to most larger vessels. We never heard a single passenger (there were over 500 onboard for the entire cruise) complain about being bored. And one interesting statistic was that more then 450 of the passengers were 4 Star HA Mariners (200+ days of cruising with HA).

Hank

\

WOW 62 day cruise!?!? thats insane! i dunno if i could do 62 days straight but i certainly would give it a try if ever giving the opportunity. i imagine that was pricey????

:eek::cool:

Let me tell you that I love the sound of those machine (pooinnn) you know you are onboard yeahhhh , but sometimes I wonder if going in a cruise after taking your 5th or 7th cruise become a little bit boring?

Heck No!!! I would never leave the ship if I could afford it but I wouldn't want to work there. Those room stewards and kitchen staff work too hard! I've cruised 17 times (97 beautiful days at sea) and already have 4 more cruises booked.

I'm actually looking forward to cruising so many times that it might get boring :D

I have a list of all the cruises I want to take. There are 14 now and that doesn't include the ones I'm booked on at the moment.

Oh and that's only on Royal. We will probably branch out to Celebrity soon :rolleyes:

It is never boring to us. We will be going on our third cruise this year; our tenth cruise all totaled.

We have been to the Western Caribbean eight times and to Key West and the Bahamas two times.

Even though we have been to the same ports over and over and over again, there is always something or someplace new to see that we haven't seen before.

As far as the cruising itself is concerned, it is wonderful. The sea air, the blue skies and seas, meeting new people and making new friends is wonderful. At least it is to us.

I'm so glad to be reading that others just love being at sea as well. I'm happy as anything when I'm on board the ship, sometimes see the ports as a distraction. :)

Hoping to do a TransAtlantic one of these days, so I can enjoy a whole series of sea days. I think I would want to do that on a relatively larger ship though, so there are lots of amenities on board in case I wanted some distractions; but just looking out over the ocean, and reading a book, are wonderful!

I've never found myself bored, however, I have found myself a little burnt out when we cruised with the kids. (even though they were a little older tween aged) Scheduling activities within an inch of my life and running from one end of the ship to the other to keep the kids occupied made it way less a vacation for me than it should have been.

Our upcoming cruise (while still almost 2 years out) will be our first without the kids - not counting a booze cruise when we were very first married, which frankly I don't remember much of. Hopefully this time I will not disembark needing a vacation from my vacation.

I had to laugh at DH the other day. We took 2 cruises last year (the most we have done in one year), the last being in December, which we enjoyed. They were our 8th and 9th cruises. But after we were off the last one a couple weeks, DH says lets do a land vacation again next year. So I researched and got a deal at Myrtle Beach, which we have not done before, for this summer. A couple of days ago, DH said..."I'm ready of another cruise". We were just on one 5 months ago. My family keeps saying they want to do something different when they get off the ship, but every time I start planning something different, I hear let's do another cruise. Myrtle Beach is booked for this summer...but we did pre-pay a deposit on our next NCL cruise when we were on the Epic. I'm thinking Christmas Break sounds good :D.

Archived