runner bean guided walk tours

janines

We did the Gothic Quarter 2 hour walk during our stay in May last year. It was fantastic and our guides was lovely. Not only was he knowledgeable and fun, but he also noticed that my mum was flagging in the heat and ensured that he got her to a shaded area before he continued his tour.

It's also a "free" tour meeting at the Plaza Major where you just tip at the end. Would definitely recommend.

Do you remember the name of the company you used for the walking tour in Barcelona?

janines

Yes - it was the Runner Bean tour which you mention in your thread title. They also do a Gaudi tour which has good reviews too.

Yes - it was the Runner Bean tour which you mention in your thread title. They also do a Gaudi tour which has good reviews too.

Where exactly do i find them to do the Gothic Q tour. I understand it is daily at 11:00 A.M

• 2 weeks later...

We went on the runner bean old city tour 2 days ago for the one at 4:30pm. Be sure to check in about 15 mins early at the fountain. Later I saw they turned people away to another day. They wore green vests. The whole tour lasted about 2.5 hours and was in a slow pace.

Is ti possble to take 2 different tours,an am and pm tour ? We have 2 days in port,but have a day trip the second day.

janines

I read in Tripadvisor that people did the Gaudi in the morning and then the old city in the afternoon.

We did Runnerbean last year-Old City Tour. It was great-tour is free but it is expected that the guide will get a tip and that's very fair. The guide tailored her info to the groups interests and we saw a lot in about 2 hours. Great touring option.

The Runner Bean Tours are excellent. We just this week returned from Barcelona where we went on the Gaudi tour at 11 am with Catherine and the Old Quarter tour with Garky [sp?] in the afternoon. Definitely do-able in one day. Both guides are informative and amusing as well. We signed up online in advance which was not really necessary, but perhaps as the season becomes busier, it would be a good idea. Also a good idea to arrive a little early to be assured a place. There is a decent reasonably priced restaurant right in the plaza to rest, relax and lunch between excursions.

No, you don't enter the Gaudi buildings on the Runner Bean tour.

We finished the tour at the Sagrada Familia about 1.45. Catherine suggested a place for lunch 2 blocks away. Then we went to the basilica afterwards. Just a little wait to enter. But if you are going during a busier season, you might want to buy online. You could schedule for 3 or so.

Archived