Wrinkled Clothes on Spirit

ERNLYN

Does anyone know if the passengers on the Carnival Spirit have access to an iron and ironing board? and if so is there a fee? I know they charge $3.00 for washing or drying clothes....but no idea regarding an iron.

Does anyone know if the passengers on the Carnival Spirit have access to an iron and ironing board? and if so is there a fee? I know they charge $3.00 for washing or drying clothes....but no idea regarding an iron.

Yes - located in the laundry room - no charge - but be warned the irons run hot - always check bottom for gunk. Lady ahead of me went to iron nice blouse and there was something on the bottom that transfered. I always take a damp face cloth just to wipe down

Yes - located in the laundry room - no charge - but be warned the irons run hot - always check bottom for gunk. Lady ahead of me went to iron nice blouse and there was something on the bottom that transfered. I always take a damp face cloth just to wipe down

Yikes!:eek: Good advice about the face cloth, thanks!:)

Pitiful! :mad:. I guess the crew members don't check the irons.

Also, if you go to the laundry rooms on the day of an elegant night, expect a pretty long line. That seems to be when everyone realizes their elegant clothing needs to be de-wrinkled.

My first 2 cruises were on such old ships hair and iroining all had to be done in little rooms for such and it was fun..there were more of them per so many cabins and these were not super fancy ships either..the one 4000 ton EARLY 50'S SHIP ..and the old Costa Riviera...it was just a part of life to go there to curl your hair or iron anything and people were fun and polite..like part of experience all were used to and people cared more what they gave the next guy..and less things that could burn and transfer probably then..just darn wrinkly things..hope it all works out op..sarah

Try Downy Wrinkle Release. It really works well. This is coming from someone who irons everything - I don't like anything looking wrinkled.

Our clothes are already pressed before packing so when we take them out its just a matter of getting soft wrinkles out from folding and being crushed. We spray Downy Wrinkle Release on the garment, shake it out or shape it and poof the wrinkles are gone. Just allow a few minutes for the fabric to dry from the light mist. I usually spray before I go in the shower and when I come out it's dry.

Be sure to test of fabric to make sure it's safe. I haven't had a problem yet and used it on various fabrics.

Try Downy Wrinkle Release. It really works well. This is coming from someone who irons everything - I don't like anything looking wrinkled.

Our clothes are already pressed before packing so when we take them out its just a matter of getting soft wrinkles out from folding and being crushed. We spray Downy Wrinkle Release on the garment, shake it out or shape it and poof the wrinkles are gone. Just allow a few minutes for the fabric to dry from the light mist. I usually spray before I go in the shower and when I come out it's dry.

Be sure to test of fabric to make sure it's safe. I haven't had a problem yet and used it on various fabrics.

Excited to try..thanks..sarah

Also, if you go to the laundry rooms on the day of an elegant night, expect a pretty long line. That seems to be when everyone realizes their elegant clothing needs to be de-wrinkled.

I've found the best time to iron is sometime on embarkation day.

2 alternatives:

1. Hang clothes in bathroom, turn on shower hot water full blast and close bathroom door. Use steam to get rid of wrinkles.

2. Just wear the wrinkled clothes and don't worry about it. You won't be the only one, and no one cares what you look like.

2 alternatives:

1. Hang clothes in bathroom, turn on shower hot water full blast and close bathroom door. Use steam to get rid of wrinkles.

2. Just wear the wrinkled clothes and don't worry about it. You won't be the only one, and no one cares what you look like.

Love #2......LOL ain't that the truth.... thanks Tbay-eh and all for the info.

Archived