Documents questions

Carbri

I cannot find an answer here after searching! This will most likely date me but ... what the heck? I last cruised in....2007? Anyway, I remember Carnival used to send an exciting and thick package in the mail with all the documentations, boarding passes and luggage tags.. now it looks like we just print these on our own? Am I missing something? I remember getting this packet about 3 or 4 weeks before cruise time. I kinda miss that if we dont get that anymore! Better for trees... I guess?? Anyway, can someone enlighten an old cruiser that isn't up on all the "new fangled" things!

You don't need to print everything in the documents. The boarding pass is the most important thing to print followed by the luggage tags. I always print enough luggage tags to put 2 on each suitcase. I prefer to laminate them but you can also cover with clear packing tape to make them stronger. I punch a hole in the end of the tags and attach them with clear plastic loops.

About 2 weeks before I cruise, I start printing and collecting all the documents related to the cruise. I put them in a folder with my name, the ship name, and my cell phone number just in case I happen to set it down at the terminal :eek:. I also put copies of all e-mail receipts for things like shore excursions, steakhouse reservations, and FCC applications I filled out. I am a bit of an organizer and planner, can you tell?:D

Yes, it's true. The whole world thinks that everybody has a computer and printer. It's to the point where most companies have stopped sending any printed materials any more. No more brochures, no more cruise documents, no more luggage tags sent out. Heck, I've even bought things that if I wanted a manual for them, I had to go online and print it myself.

I feel sorry for anybody that doesn't have a computer now days. Especially the elderly that don't have a need for them and just plain don't want one.

I keep at least two copies. silly me in 2010 left the only copy in the checked bag, did not realize I left it in bag until I was making my connects in Charlotte. luckily the binder was still in the suitcase when I got to Miami.

Yes, it's true. The whole world thinks that everybody has a computer and printer. It's to the point where most companies have stopped sending any printed materials any more. No more brochures, no more cruise documents, no more luggage tags sent out. Heck, I've even bought things that if I wanted a manual for them, I had to go online and print it myself.

I feel sorry for anybody that doesn't have a computer now days. Especially the elderly that don't have a need for them and just plain don't want one.

I would imagine that if someone didn't have a computer and printer, they would more than likely have booked with a local travel agency. The TA would be able to print up docs & obtain luggage tags for them. My DB and SIL don't have a computer, but I am more than happy to help them book and print their docs & luggage tags even though I am not a TA.

Archived