Passports

shunt66

[quote name='calliopecruiser']Actually we do, or at least very close......rain forest to desert, arctic ice floes to year-round beaches. We're a country as varied as the US, which shouldn't be surprising given the vast size of the country.[/QUOTE]

Really? You have nothing with a climate or beaches even remotely like Hawaii or Puerto Rico. You may have rain forests, but not tropical rain forests.

Why does it seem that all of French Canada drives to NJ every summer to vacation here at the shore?

[quote name='njhorseman']Really? You have nothing with a climate or beaches even remotely like Hawaii or Puerto Rico. You may have rain forests, but not tropical rain forests.

Why does it seem that all of French Canada drives to NJ every summer to vacation here at the shore?[/quote]

Yes, that's why I added the "almost" - no tropics, which I realized late.

njhorseman:

Thank you for sharing your knowledge of Canada and Canadians vis a vis U.S. citizens.

The Holland America board has a phrase..."Bless your heart!"

Sail, I'm not convinced with the Carcross Desert, but there are several others. Obviously, nothing like the Tunisian sand dune stereotype. But some salt flats, a bit like Bonneville.

[quote name='fann1sh']njhorseman:

[COLOR="Red"]Thank you for sharing your knowledge of Canada and Canadians vis a vis U.S. citizens. [/COLOR]

The Holland America board has a phrase..."Bless your heart!"

Sail, I'm not convinced with the Carcross Desert, but there are several others. Obviously, nothing like the Tunisian sand dune stereotype. But some salt flats, a bit like Bonneville.[/QUOTE]

Someone has to do the difficult jobs...

The only reason that most Alaska cruise passengers even know about the Carcross Desert is that it is a popular stop along the drive from Skagway north into the Yukon along the South Klondike Highway on the way to Emerald Lake.

Thanks to Murray (Yukon on Cruise Critic) for his guide that so many cruise passengers use when they take that drive.

[URL="http://www.explorenorth.com/library/weekly/aa111700b.htm"]The World's Smallest Desert: the Carcross Dunes - ExploreNorth[/URL]

Oh, as to passports, I forgot to mention one more little thing that is very important.

This is one of those cases where you would need to take your passport off the ship with you in port if you are planning to take that drive because you will need to show it to cross the border into Canada and again to cross the border back into the USA when returning to Skagway.

Archived