Dresses for elegant Night

leja9802

I had already posted here, and mentioned if you didn't want to pay a big price for a formal/elegant dress, you could check out the thrift stores, as that is what I do. Sometimes I never wear the dress more than one time, sometimes I wear it a couple times, and if I do, it is worth the $10 - $20 dollars I pay. I have worn dresses where I almost looked like a princess, bride, etc., but there was just a tad difference where people could tell.

Some of you ladies may think, "Oh I don't want something that someone else wore, and wear it too." Well I "always" clean it before I wear it, and no one knows the difference. Sometimes I wash it by hand, other times (depending upon the fabric, etc.) I use a dryer sheet, not the kind you use in "normal" wash/dryer, but the other kind, like Woolite or Dryer.

Definitely agree with others...ROSS.... the best selection of dresses, tops, shorts, shoes...and in one store..used to do the department stores in the mall and spend all day looking and getting frustrated and tired from going from store to store and then my daughter told me about Ross and that is the first and usually the only store I have to go to now....can spend hours in there and find so many things, that it takes me hours to try on and decide what I am getting...LOVE IT....and so cheap you can just keep buying and buying...much to my husband's sorrow...LOL

OKgirl..........stunning......absolutely stunning!!! You two remind me of my wife and I. My bride of 26 years shops at Ross, Dillards, JC Penney etc. and still knows how to "catch my eye", so to speak after all these years!!! A lucky man am I!!!!!:)

Had never heard of Ross until I read this thread. There aren't any stores here in Wisconsin, but there were several in the Chicagoland area. So, trusting the great advice of others, my daughter and I drove 2 1/2 hours to the nearest store and happily picked up several dresses (and shoes) for our upcoming cruise. Thanks for the heads up! We love saving money!:p

Had never heard of Ross until I read this thread. There aren't any stores here in Wisconsin, but there were several in the Chicagoland area. So, trusting the great advice of others, my daughter and I drove 2 1/2 hours to the nearest store and happily picked up several dresses (and shoes) for our upcoming cruise. Thanks for the heads up! We love saving money!:p

:eek: WHAT? No Ross' in Wisconsin? Dang. I had planned on getting a lot of the stuff for my sons college apartment at Ross' when we fly back there in the fall....bedding, towels, dishes, etc.

Silly me for just assuming that they are everywhere :o. We might end up flying into Chicago if the fares into Madison and Milwaukee don't go down so perhaps we will swing by a Ross' with the rental car. Thanks for the heads up!

Sie koennen aber gut Englisch!! (= Your English is very good!!) I too am of German descent. My parents immigrated on a ship to the USA also many years ago and German was my first language. Hope you enjoy the USA and I agree that TJ Maxx and Ross are great places for formal wear. You can also pick up some great basic black or other color dresses and dress up with scarves, jewely, shoes, etc. I know how much my family in Germany loves the warm tropical weather. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Well it looks like it's ...wait for it.....ROSS as the winner :D......I have nothing to add but just wanted to say I thought it was very cool how our members stepped in to help our friends from Germany find some deals on dresses.....BRAVO :).....Us guys have it easy...I paid $300 on clearance for the TUX I have used the last 25 cruises twice in a week...$300/50 = $6 for my outfit each time so far....and it's still in good shape.....Being a guy has benefits :p:)

Archived