Dresses for elegant Night

leja9802

Hi,

I´m from Germany and really happy , that I Found this Forum.

My family and I will be on the Dream in August 12.

I read a lot of informativ Post´s and Review´s. Thanks a lot for this.

Now I have a question:

Where did you bought all those beautiful dresses for the elegant night?

We will arrive in Florida a couple of days before the cruise begins.

I know that we could buy the dresses better in Florida, than in Germany.

We need some cute dresses for me (Age 41), my niece (21) and for my two girls (13+10).

Are there special shops in the Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando area ?

Thanks a lot

......I hope my Englisch is o.K.

Hi,

I´m from Germany and really happy , that I Found this Forum.

My family and I will be on the Dream in August 12.

I read a lot of informativ Post´s and Review´s. Thanks a lot for this.

Now I have a question:

Where did you bought all those beautiful dresses for the elegant night?

We will arrive in Florida a couple of days before the cruise begins.

I know that we could buy the dresses better in Florida, than in Germany.

We need some cute dresses for me (Age 41), my niece (21) and for my two girls (13+10).

Are there special shops in the Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando area ?

Thanks a lot

......I hope my Englisch is o.K.

You did great....:o

There is a shop on 17th St. In fort Lauderdale...tons of dresses...very inexpensive....somebody HELP...I cannot think of the name of it..I believe it is a chain store. Hang on...someone will know.

Every cruise blouse and dress that I own (I too am 41) has come from Ross' Dress for Less. Their prices, at least in Oregon, are outstanding...even more so if you find something on the clearance rack.

I found a floor length red cocktail dress for my upcoming cruise for $6.99 on clearance!!

Happy sailing!

My daughter and I buy all of our dresses at Ross Dress For Less. You would literally have to search to find a dress priced higher than $19.99. Most of the dresses are priced anywhere from $6.99 to $19.99, with the average price being around $14 to $15. The selection is tremendous, since they get their dresses from all of the department store leftovers. You can find dresses ranging from casual to prom-style, and everything in between. And they are all dirt cheap!

Ross is good, but any department store will have a "dressy" section...Macy's, Belk, Kohls, Penney's, etc....

Correct...if you want a much smaller selection and you want to pay anywhere from $45 to $250 for your dress ;)

Although you can find occasional clearance deals in all of the department stores, even the clearance prices are generally higher than the $10-$20 that you'll pay at Ross, so I honestly see no reason to even check the other stores...and especially for somebody who lives in another country and is looking to make a last-minute purchase. She likely doesn't want to spend her entire afternoon going from one department store to the next looking for a dress. At Ross, there are probably close to 1,000 dresses in every size and very few duplicates.

Correct...if you want a much smaller selection and you want to pay anywhere from $45 to $250 for your dress ;)

Although you can find occasional clearance deals in all of the department stores, even the clearance prices are generally higher than the $10-$20 that you'll pay at Ross, so I honestly see no reason to even check the other stores...and especially for somebody who lives in another country and is looking to make a last-minute purchase. She likely doesn't want to spend her entire afternoon going from one department store to the next looking for a dress. At Ross, there are probably close to 1,000 dresses in every size and very few duplicates.

Steinmart also has stores in Florida and some amazing prices.... So does Marshall's.... Is Burdine's still around? The Psycho (my ex) found some really good dress bargains there.

I love Dilliard's and have bought several of my formals there. They have a great clearance department in their formals usually. They are at the Galleria in Ft. Lauderdale...here is a link to their website and their address in Ft. Lauderdale:

http://www.dillards.com/?cm_sp=Header-_-Logo-_-ImageLink

2500 East Sunrise Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304

Hi,

you all so helpful - Thanks

I love shopping in Florida, i will try it by Ross and TJMaxx.

The dresses from the pictures looks all very expensive, therefore I

thought you bought it in a special Shop :)

Did you bought your shoes there also ?

There is a mall called Florida Mall in Orlando, close to the airport, that has all of the department stores mentioned and I believe there is a Ross just across the street! I LOVE Ross....when dress shopping this past weekend for our up coming cruise, JC Pennny had 3 of the identical dresses for 3x as much as the ones I found at Ross:)

I love Dilliard's and have bought several of my formals there. They have a great clearance department in their formals usually. They are at the Galleria in Ft. Lauderdale...here is a link to their website and their address in Ft. Lauderdale:

http://www.dillards.com/?cm_sp=Header-_-Logo-_-ImageLink

2500 East Sunrise Blvd. Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304

Wow...this place has some very nice things....a little expensive though...I am saving it for future reference...Thank you

If you are even slightly on the fluffy side then a larger department store would have a better selection of size 16+. Penny's, Dillard's, Macy's etc....

Don't worry about being too fancy unless you choose to.....you will see everything from nice pant sets with sparkly tops, to cute sundresses, to long gowns to Sunday church type cloths...

Here is a picture I copied from another thread with their formal night outfits.

2012_04_30_0244-1.jpg

Nice looking couple but not over the top fancy....nice accessories always make the look.......love her little purse.......

I usually wear a pair of nice black slacks with a glittery top for elegant evening. On the other nights I'm probably in a capri outfit.

If you are even slightly on the fluffy side then a larger department store would have a better selection of size 16+. Penny's, Dillard's, Macy's etc....

Don't worry about being too fancy unless you choose to.....you will see everything from nice pant sets with sparkly tops, to cute sundresses, to long gowns to Sunday church type cloths...

Nice looking couple but not over the top fancy....nice accessories always make the look.......love her little purse.......

I usually wear a pair of nice black slacks with a glittery top for elegant evening. On the other nights I'm probably in a capri outfit.

I am fairly "fluffy :p" and I still vote Ross for any cruise formal/elegant dresses they have sizes that even fit me. For the price they are great especially if your only going to wear them while on a cruise. I actually got 2 floor length dresses less than $20 ea. very pretty and sparkly....yeah, I like the sparkle when picking cruisewear :D

Well we "sorta have" something in common. You said you were from Germany, well my father was from there and came to the USA many years ago. Welcome to the USA if you haven't been here before!

I did not read all your responses to your quetion, but this is what I do, and it cost me very little.

I don't know if you have "thrift shops" or "coinsignment shops" in Germany, but if you do,that is the way to go. In my 20 years of many cruises, I have never worn a dress that I did not buy at one of those places. Normally I pay less than $20. I have never been on a cruise where people would compliment me, or even stop and tell me how much they liked what I was wearing.

I am fairly "fluffy :p" and I still vote Ross for any cruise formal/elegant dresses they have sizes that even fit me. For the price they are great especially if your only going to wear them while on a cruise. I actually got 2 floor length dresses less than $20 ea. very pretty and sparkly....yeah, I like the sparkle when picking cruisewear :D

I haven't been in a Ross for year and I'm pretty fluffy myself. I'll have to check them out.......I've been getting a lot of my stuff at Steinmart though........

BTW....I wasn't calling the lady in that picture fluffy......I just thought it was a good example of being properly dressed for elegant evening without going the whole evening gown route........I think she and her husband look fabulous and I love her jewelry..........

Wow...this place has some very nice things....a little expensive though...I am saving it for future reference...Thank you

Actually they have a clearance department in their formals in the stores and I bought a formal long gown that was $229.00 for only $32.00 on clearance. :eek::eek: can't beat that lol.

Hi,

you all so helpful - Thanks

I love shopping in Florida, i will try it by Ross and TJMaxx.

The dresses from the pictures looks all very expensive, therefore I

thought you bought it in a special Shop :)

Did you bought your shoes there also ?

Yes..Ross has shoes, jewelry, EVERYTHING...for men women and children. If you can....go here first. You will save soooo much money.:o

Ditto. I am 5 feet 3 inches on a good hair day and wear a 16W and always get my things at Ross' Dress for Less as their plus size selection is always triple what Macy's, JC Penney, etc. stock.

Archived